Northern ABE Vision & Mission
The Adult Basic Education (ABE) program at Northern New Mexico College will be recognized as a highly valued, quality provider of instruction to adults who reside within north-central New Mexico and a leader in the field of ABE programs in the State of New Mexico.
- To assist in the college's overall mission to provide accessible, affordable, community-based quality learning opportunities that meet the education, employment, and enrichment needs of our culturally diverse region.
- To provide quality teaching that incorporates best practices, research-based methodologies and curricula, and state-of-the-art learning technologies that promote learning gains which can be demonstrated through the use of nationally and state approved standardized assessment instruments.
- To provide quality instruction that prepares students to enter post-secondary universities, colleges, or vocational schools with the least amount of remedial coursework and to offer, sponsor, or endorse activities that encourage students to transition into post-secondary education.
- To provide quality instruction and educational training that prepares students to enter the labor workforce with the basic academic and employability skills that they will need to be successful in getting and keeping a job.
- To provide quality English language instruction to speakers of other languages so that they can communicate well enough in the English language to have greater access to and participate more fully in American society and to prepare those who are non-citizens, but desire citizenship, to become U.S. Citizens.
- To employ skilled and experienced administrative and support staff and instructors who are motivated to help students achieve their personal academic goals.
- To strive for superior student performance and outcomes, and conduct on-going program improvement based on an analysis of program performance data, community and student need, and research-based best practices.
- To coordinate or partner with community agencies and organizations, and other departments and programs of the the college, to maximize service offerings and student support services for ABE students.
- To make professional development opportunities accessible to ABE employees and volunteers in order to promote continued development of their knowledge and skills in the field of Adult Basic Education in order to provide quality instruction and create a quality learning environment