ABE Course Offerings
The ABE program offers tuition FREE instruction in the following areas:
- General Education Development (GED) Preparation classes are offered to help students who already have the basic academic skills needed to prepare for the GED exam. The GED is an exam that one can take at any New Mexico GED Testing Center in order to earn a New Mexico High School Diploma. For more information about the GED Exam you may go to the GED Testing web page on our web site.
- Pre-General Education Development (PRE-GED) and Basic Skills Instruction (BSI) classes are offered to help students who need to review and build-up fundamental reading, math, and language skills before studying to take the GED exam or to prepare to enter college if they already have a high school diploma.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes are offered to students whose native language is not English but would like to learn how to speak, read, and write in English.
- Job skills (JS) instruction is either offered as a class or integrated as part of another class to help students learn how to get and keep a job.
- Student Success Skills (SSS) are either offered as a class or integrated as part of another class to help students learn skills that will help them become more successful students, parents, mentors, and citizens of their community.
- Citizenship Preparation (CP) classes are offered to help students prepare to become a United States citizen.
- Literacy and numeracy (LIT) instruction is offered in partnership with local literacy programs in order to help students who have very low or non-existent skill levels in these areas to learn how read and write or improve these skills.