Scholarships at Northern
Cornerstones Scholarship Application 2021-2022 for Fall 2021/Spring 2022 is now open and closes on June 11, 2021
Current and newly admitted students studying in the Technical Trades Plumbing or Electrical programs may apply for the 2021-2022 Cornerstones Scholarship. Applications will be reviewed by a committee. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Application Deadline is June 11, 2021.
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Enrolled in the Technical Trades Plumbing or Electrical programs for the fall 2021 semester
- Be in good academic standing and not currently on academic probation
- Be in good standing with the NNMC Business Office
TO APPLY: Download the Cornerstones Scholarship Application. Email completed applications and required documents to Emily Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Completed applications must be received by June 11, 2021
Students selected for the Cornerstones Scholarship will receive an award of $2,000 for the 2021-2022 academic year. These funds will be applied equally in the amounts of $1,000 for the fall and $1,000 for the spring semesters, upon verification of students’ course registration for each term. Award recipients will be notified the week of June 21, 2021 via the student's NNMC email.
The NORTHERN Scholarship application is available each spring for the Fall semester. There's just one application for all Northern institutional scholarships. For more information, email the Financial Aid Office at finaid@NNMC.edu.
Other Northern scholarships available through the College include:
Other Northern Scholarships
SCHOLARSHIP FOR CURRENT & TRANSFER STEM STUDENTS
To learn more please contact: Dr. David Torres, email@example.com, 505-747-2174
Are you pursuing a STEM degree at Northern? You could be eligible for $1,000 per semester for research through the National Science Foundation's Alliance for Minority Participation (AMP) scholarship.
- Declare their major to be a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- Be enrolled full-time at NNMC.
- Be a minority (Hispanic, Native American, Black, ...).
- Be a U.S. citizen or possess status as a national, refugee alien, or permanent resident alien.
- Identify a faculty mentor willing to oversee research.
- Scholarships are also available for minority transfer students from community colleges majoring in STEM degrees.
- Transfer students do not have to have a research project to be eligible for the scholarship.
You are eligible if you are a New Mexico resident, and you have graduated from a New Mexico public high school, or an accredited New Mexico private high school within 16 months with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better upon graduation, or you have received a NM HSE/GED within 16 months.
- Enroll in 15 credits at Northern for the Spring 2020 semester.
- Have declared a major and have been accepted into a degree or certificate program.
- Have provided the Financial Aid Office with a final copy of your high school or HSE/GED transcript.
- Complete, or have on file with the Financial Aid Office, a current year FAFSA form or Student Aid Report.
- Financial information on FAFSA does not affect eligibility for this scholarship.
Citizenship status does not affect eligibility for this scholarship.
Bienvenidos is an academically competitive program that aims to attract high-performing students from across the country to further enrich Northern's diverse and talented student population. In keeping with Northern's significant non-traditional student body, the Bienvenido Scholarship will be the only one of its kind in New Mexico that is open to High School Equivalency/GED graduates based on their test scores.
Applicants must be non-residents of NM and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0
- 23 or greater on an ACT exam
- 1070 or greater on an SAT exam
- Completed at least 12 higher education credit hours with a cumulative higher education GPA of 3.0 or higher
High School Equivalency graduates with the following test scores will also qualify:
- HISET: 60 (total score)
- TASC: 500 (total score)
- GED 2002-14: 600 (total score)
- PearsonVue GED 2014+: 150 (total score