Scholarships at Northern
Big News! Ellucian PATH Scholarship application
The NNMC Financial Aid Office is pleased to announce the Ellucian PATH Scholarship application is now open!
The Ellucian PATH Scholarship for students enrolled full time for the Fall 2021 semester. Students must have the 2021-2022 FAFSA on file with the Northern New Mexico College Financial Aid Office, must be eligible to receive federal aid, be a US Citizen and have need as determined by the FAFSA. Northern will also consider a variety of other factors in determining scholarship awards, including campus and community involvement, academic major, and personal experiences.
Please complete this application no later than Friday, October 8, 2021.
The fine print…
- Students selected for the Ellucian PATH Scholarship will receive an award of $500 for the fall semester, upon verification of students' full-time course registration. A student who receives the PATH will be required to sign a statement giving permission to share award information and provide a recent photo to use in scholarship promotion.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. The application deadline is October 8, 2021. Please contact the Financial Aid office for more information: email@example.com or 505-747-2128.
- Award recipients will be notified the week of October 11 - 15, 2021, via the student's NNMC email.
The NORTHERN Scholarship application is available each spring for the Fall semester. There's just one application for all Northern institutional scholarships. For more information, email the Financial Aid Office at finaid@NNMC.edu.
Other Northern Scholarships
SCHOLARSHIP FOR CURRENT & TRANSFER STEM STUDENTS
To learn more please contact: Dr. David Torres, firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-747-2174
Are you pursuing a STEM degree at Northern? You could be eligible for $1,000 per semester for research through the National Science Foundation's Alliance for Minority Participation (AMP) scholarship.
- Declare their major to be a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- Be enrolled full-time at NNMC.
- Be a minority (Hispanic, Native American, Black, ...).
- Be a U.S. citizen or possess status as a national, refugee alien, or permanent resident alien.
- Identify a faculty mentor willing to oversee research.
- Scholarships are also available for minority transfer students from community colleges majoring in STEM degrees.
- Transfer students do not have to have a research project to be eligible for the scholarship.
You are eligible if you are a New Mexico resident, and you have graduated from a New Mexico public high school, or an accredited New Mexico private high school within 16 months with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better upon graduation, or you have received a NM HSE/GED within 16 months.
- Enroll in 15 credits at Northern for the Spring 2020 semester.
- Have declared a major and have been accepted into a degree or certificate program.
- Have provided the Financial Aid Office with a final copy of your high school or HSE/GED transcript.
- Complete, or have on file with the Financial Aid Office, a current year FAFSA form or Student Aid Report.
- Financial information on FAFSA does not affect eligibility for this scholarship.
Citizenship status does not affect eligibility for this scholarship.
Bienvenidos is an academically competitive program that aims to attract high-performing students from across the country to further enrich Northern's diverse and talented student population. In keeping with Northern's significant non-traditional student body, the Bienvenido Scholarship will be the only one of its kind in New Mexico that is open to High School Equivalency/GED graduates based on their test scores.
Applicants must be non-residents of NM and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0
- 23 or greater on an ACT exam
- 1070 or greater on an SAT exam
- Completed at least 12 higher education credit hours with a cumulative higher education GPA of 3.0 or higher
High School Equivalency graduates with the following test scores will also qualify:
- HISET: 60 (total score)
- TASC: 500 (total score)
- GED 2002-14: 600 (total score)
- PearsonVue GED 2014+: 150 (total score