Scholarships at Northern
Scholarship Opportunities @Northern
The NORTHERN Scholarship application is available each spring for the Fall semester. There's just one application for all Northern institutional scholarships. For more information, contact Robin Duran at the Financial Aid Office at (505) 747-2126 or RLD@nnmc.edu.
Other Northern scholarships are available through the College (including the Bridge Scholarship), and from program partners, the state, and national foundations. In addition, there are outside scholarship opportunities that do not involve Northern New Mexico College directly, including the Legislative Lottery Scholarship.
Other Northern Scholarships
SCHOLARSHIP FOR CURRENT & TRANSFER STEM STUDENTS
To learn more please contact: Dr. David Torres, email@example.com, 505-747-2174
Are you pursuing a STEM degree at Northern? You could be eligible for $1,000 per semester for research through the National Science Foundation's Alliance for Minority Participation (AMP) scholarship.
- Declare their major to be a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- Be enrolled full-time at NNMC.
- Be a minority (Hispanic, Native American, Black, ...).
- Be a U.S. citizen or possess status as a national, refugee alien, or permanent resident alien.
- Identify a faculty mentor willing to oversee research.
- Scholarships are also available for minority transfer students from community colleges majoring in STEM degrees.
- Transfer students do not have to have a research project to be eligible for the scholarship.
You are eligible if you are a New Mexico resident, and you have graduated from a New Mexico public high school, or an accredited New Mexico private high school within 16 months with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better upon graduation, or you have received a NM HSE/GED within 16 months.
- Enroll in 15 credits at Northern for the Spring 2020 semester.
- Have declared a major and have been accepted into a degree or certificate program.
- Have provided the Financial Aid Office with a final copy of your high school or HSE/GED transcript.
- Complete, or have on file with the Financial Aid Office, a current year FAFSA form or Student Aid Report.
- Financial information on FAFSA does not affect eligibility for this scholarship.
Citizenship status does not affect eligibility for this scholarship.
Bienvenidos is an academically competitive program that aims to attract high-performing students from across the country to further enrich Northern's diverse and talented student population. In keeping with Northern's significant non-traditional student body, the Bienvenido Scholarship will be the only one of its kind in New Mexico that is open to High School Equivalency/GED graduates based on their test scores.
Applicants must be non-residents of NM and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0
- 23 or greater on an ACT exam
- 1070 or greater on an SAT exam
- Completed at least 12 higher education credit hours with a cumulative higher education GPA of 3.0 or higher
High School Equivalency graduates with the following test scores will also qualify:
- HISET: 60 (total score)
- TASC: 500 (total score)
- GED 2002-14: 600 (total score)
- PearsonVue GED 2014+: 150 (total score