Scholarships at Northern
THE OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIP: Tuition-FREE higher education for every New Mexican
If you are an established New Mexico resident or a member of the Navajo Nation residing in Arizona and plan to enroll in at least six credit hours toward a training certificate, associate degree, or bachelor’s degree, you could be eligible for up to 100 percent of your tuition and fees paid for through the New Mexico Opportunity Scholarship. There is no application for the Opportunity Scholarship, the financial aid office will determine if you are eligible. If you have questions please contact the Financial Aid Office at finaid@NNMC.edu.
For more information about the Opportunity Scholarship, go to www.ReachHigherNM.com
Other Northern Scholarships
SCHOLARSHIP FOR CURRENT & TRANSFER STEM STUDENTS
To learn more please contact: Dr. David Torres, email@example.com, 505-747-2174
Are you pursuing a STEM degree at Northern? You could be eligible for $1,000 per semester for research through the National Science Foundation's Alliance for Minority Participation (AMP) scholarship.
- Declare their major to be a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- Be enrolled full-time at NNMC.
- Be a minority (Hispanic, Native American, Black, ...).
- Be a U.S. citizen or possess status as a national, refugee alien, or permanent resident alien.
- Identify a faculty mentor willing to oversee research.
- Scholarships are also available for minority transfer students from community colleges majoring in STEM degrees.
- Transfer students do not have to have a research project to be eligible for the scholarship.
You are eligible if you are a New Mexico resident, and you have graduated from a New Mexico public high school, or an accredited New Mexico private high school within 16 months with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better upon graduation, or you have received a NM HSE/GED within 16 months.
- Enroll in 15 credits at Northern for the Spring 2020 semester.
- Have declared a major and have been accepted into a degree or certificate program.
- Have provided the Financial Aid Office with a final copy of your high school or HSE/GED transcript.
- Complete, or have on file with the Financial Aid Office, a current year FAFSA form or Student Aid Report.
- Financial information on FAFSA does not affect eligibility for this scholarship.
Citizenship status does not affect eligibility for this scholarship.
Bienvenidos is an academically competitive program that aims to attract high-performing students from across the country to further enrich Northern's diverse and talented student population. In keeping with Northern's significant non-traditional student body, the Bienvenido Scholarship will be the only one of its kind in New Mexico that is open to High School Equivalency/GED graduates based on their test scores.
Applicants must be non-residents of NM and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0
- 23 or greater on an ACT exam
- 1070 or greater on an SAT exam
- Completed at least 12 higher education credit hours with a cumulative higher education GPA of 3.0 or higher
High School Equivalency graduates with the following test scores will also qualify:
- HISET: 60 (total score)
- TASC: 500 (total score)
- GED 2002-14: 600 (total score)
- PearsonVue GED 2014+: 150 (total score
The LANL Foundation is now accepting applications for their four-year undergraduate scholarship awards. Awards range from $1,000 up to $20,000 for students from Northern New Mexico pursuing undergraduate degrees in any field of study. One application enables you to be considered for over 30 scholarship opportunities. The application deadline is January 17, 2023. Learn more.