Associate of Engineering in Software Engineering
The curriculum in the Associate Degree in Engineering (AEng) in Software Engineering is designed for those who intend to launch a career in the testing, installation, and maintenance of computer software modules and systems. Coursework in the program is hands-on oriented and prepares students to work in a variety of computer-intensive environments that involve engineering support: technical organizations, small or large businesses, manufacturing companies, and data-directed services. The breadth of training in hardware, software, troubleshooting equipment, and other computer tools will enable the graduate to work in a variety of roles in such environments as software technician, computer systems technician, data applications or computer technician, or as a test and integration assistant. Students graduated from this program will be a software engineering technician versed in mathematics, physics, computer science, software development, and business fundamentals.
The program objectives are the following:
- Graduates will have demonstrated knowledge and skills to pursue an engineering bachelor program.
- Graduates will have demonstrated involvement in high technical roles.
Completion of this program should result in the following student outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.