Click here to see the New Mexico Early Childhood Education and Care Department scholarship info & link to the application!
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Enroll in a qualifying NM institution of higher education and work towards a degree or certificate in Early Childhood Education
- Work a min. of 20 hrs./week at a qualifying Early Childhood Program in NM
- Remain eligible throughout the duration of the scholarship
- Complete this application (then click the red ECECD Scholarship button)
The Department of Teacher Education at Northern New Mexico College prepares high-quality teachers to work in multicultural and multilingual settings. We provide theoretical foundations and practical applications that encourage students to think creatively and critically. When seeking a college degree in Education, Northern New Mexico College is an excellent choice. The Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education and the Alternative Licensure Program (ALP) in Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Special Education is accredited by the New Mexico Public Education Department (November 2019) and by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE 2016), and is eligible for review by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) in 2023.
The Department of Teacher Education at Northern New Mexico College is uniquely situated in a culturally and geographically diverse region. Students can earn associate and bachelor’s degrees in Early Childhood and Elementary Education, and post-graduate students can earn alternative licensure certificates through the Alternative Licensure Program (ALP) in Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education.
Please contact us with any questions you may have about our programs at (505) 747-5431 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Education Programs & Degrees
Early Childhood Education
- Associates in Early Childhood Education (Sequence of courses)
- Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education (Sequence of courses)
- Associates in Elementary Education (Sequence of courses)
- Bachelors in Elementary Education (Sequence of courses)
Alternative Licensure (ALP)