Bachelor of Business Administration
Students can earn a Bachelor of Business Administration in the major areas of Accounting, Management, and Project Management. All BBA candidates must satisfactorily complete the following set of eight Business Core Courses regardless of declared major:
- BA 300 Business Law
- BA 310 Principles of Finance
- BA 313 Organizational Behavior
- BA 330 Principles of Project Management
- BA 345 Managerial Accounting
- BA 456 Marketing Management
- BA 461 Ethical and Legal Aspects of Business
- BA 490 BA Capstone
The following pages detail the additional requirements for each of the three majors:
Admission into the BBA program in any of these majors can occur in one of two ways:
- As an Associates in Business Administration graduate from Northern, or from any ACBSP accredited college as long as the coursework is equivalent. A College of Business advisor can determine the equivalence and approve admission.
- As an admitted student at NNMC who has:
- a) completed at least 45 credit hours of coursework from an ACBSP accredited college including 36 hours of General Education (see the College Catalog for General Education requirements);
- b) attained an overall 2.5 GPA of all college coursework;
- c) completed satisfactorily 15 credit hours in the following courses, or their equivalent at other colleges:
- Math 145 (Probability & Statistics)
- BA 220-221 (Accounting I & II)
- Econ 200-201 (Macroeconomics and Microeconomics)
- d) submitted and have had accepted an application for admission form with a letter of intent declaring a BBA major (or major field or course plan) to an academic advisor in the College of Business.
To graduate with the degree of BBA the student must meet the following requirements:
- Completion of all admission requirements with a grade of “C” or better and an overall GPA of 2.5 and admission into the BBA program.
- Completion of all required coursework in one of the BBA majors with a grade of “C” or better and an overall GPA of 2.5
- Completion of at least 30 credit hours from the NNMU Business Department, 24 hours of which must be from upper division courses, including BA 490 (Capstone).
- Completion of 129 credit hours.