Math Learning Center
Northern's Math Learning Center provides services for students and faculty, and is dedicated to helping students strengthen their math skills so they gain confidence and independence in math learning. The Math Learning Center welcomes all students as valued mathematicians and critical thinkers. In addition to math courses, our tutors can help with some Physics, Engineering, and Chemistry courses as well. Meet our tutors and see their fields of expertise.
If you want to link your NNMC Google calendar with the tutoring calendar, please join our MLC Google Classroom.
Students enrolled in courses with WebAssign component will also be able to send a quick question and receive answer directly through WebAssign.
Free Drop-in Tutoring
No need for an appointment!
Monday through Thursday 10 am - 7 pm
Support for Instructors
- Let us know how we can best support your students and your goals as an instructor. We also encourage you to provide us with copies of your math assignments.
- Instructors are welcome to use the software in the Center. Please let us know and we will schedule you.
The purpose of the Northern New Mexico College Mathematics Center is to assist our students at all stages of the learning process through one-on-one instruction, small group instruction, and peer-to-peer consultation.
- We are friendly and professional and we treat everyone with respect.
- We provide detailed and specific feedback and focus on improving and strengthening students’ math skills.
- Tutors in the Math Center are sensitive to individual students’ abilities and place a strong emphasis on creating confidence.
- Through evaluation of our own methods, we will ensure that we are effective and innovative.
- We respect confidentiality and will not disclose or share any personal information.
- In order to ensure that we consistently provide the best possible service, we coordinate with other academic departments.