Math Learning Center
Welcome! Northern's Math Learning Center provides services for students and faculty, and is dedicated to helping students strengthen their math skills so they gain confidence and independence in math learning. The Math Learning Center welcomes all students as valued mathematicians and critical thinkers.
High Tech Building, HT 114
No need for an appointment!
Free Drop-in tutoring, Mon. through Thurs, 10 am - 7 pm
Free Drop-in Tutoring
- If you have a valid NNMC ID, you do not need an appointment to get help with math.
Online Math Resources
- We have computer stations for students. If you need assistance using computers our tutors can help you.
COMPASS Placement Test Workshops
- We offer workshops to help you prepare for the COMPASS Placement test. You are strongly encouraged to attend a workshop before taking the placement test.
- MATLAB® is a high-level technical computing language with an interactive environment for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numerical computation. Computers in the Center have MATLAB software installed.
Support for Instructors
- Let us know how we can best support your students and your goals as an instructor. We also encourage you to provide us with copies of your math assignments.
- Instructors are welcome to use the software in the Center. Please let us know and we will schedule you.
The purpose of the Northern New Mexico College Mathematics Center is to assist our students at all stages of the learning process through one-on-one instruction, small group instruction, and peer-to-peer consultation.
- We are friendly and professional and we treat everyone with respect.
- By constantly providing detailed and specific feedback we can focus on improving and strengthening students’ math skills.
- Tutors in the Math Center are sensitive to individual students’ abilities and place a strong emphasis on creating confidence.
- Through evaluation of our own methods, we will ensure that we are effective and innovative.
- We respect confidentiality and will not disclose or share any personal information.
- In order to ensure that we consistently provide the best possible service, we coordinate with other academic departments
- Do you already have strong math skills? We are always looking for qualified tutors to work in the Math Center. Fill out the application form and turn it in at the Math Center. We will call you for an interview.