Math Learning Center
The Math Learning Center (MLC) is offering online tutoring synchronously through Zoom, and asynchronously through WebAssign (WA). Our tutors’ schedule and links for their Zoom meetings are accessible through students’ Eagle accounts.
To reach a tutor:
• Log into your Eagle Account
• Click on Google Apps (symbol with 9 squares)
• Select Classroom, then
• Click on + button on the top right to Join class.
To join Math Learning Center Google Classroom for the first time:
• Type in the class code: ofpgq6f
• Once you are in, go to Classwork and select Google Calendar.
• The tutors schedule will open, and
• You will be able to click on a Zoom link to connect directly with a tutor who is available at that time.
• After that, you will have access to tutors' calendar directly in your Google Calendar.
Q&A through WebAssign
Students enrolled in courses with WebAssign component will also be able to send a quick question and receive answer directly through WA:
- From your assignment on WA
- Click on Ask Your Teacher
- Submit your question
Here is a video to help you access our virtual tutoring center.
Northern's Math Learning Center provides services for students and faculty, and is dedicated to helping students strengthen their math skills so they gain confidence and independence in math learning. The Math Learning Center welcomes all students as valued mathematicians and critical thinkers. Note: The below drop-in tutoring and visiting hours are suspended until further notice. Please see the above video to access our virtual tutoring center.
High Tech Building, HT 114
No need for an appointment!
Free Drop-in tutoring, Mon. through Thurs, 10 am - 7 pm
Free Drop-in Tutoring
- If you have a valid NNMC ID, you do not need an appointment to get help with math.
Support for Instructors
- Let us know how we can best support your students and your goals as an instructor. We also encourage you to provide us with copies of your math assignments.
- Instructors are welcome to use the software in the Center. Please let us know and we will schedule you.
The purpose of the Northern New Mexico College Mathematics Center is to assist our students at all stages of the learning process through one-on-one instruction, small group instruction, and peer-to-peer consultation.
- We are friendly and professional and we treat everyone with respect.
- We provide detailed and specific feedback and focus on improving and strengthening students’ math skills.
- Tutors in the Math Center are sensitive to individual students’ abilities and place a strong emphasis on creating confidence.
- Through evaluation of our own methods, we will ensure that we are effective and innovative.
- We respect confidentiality and will not disclose or share any personal information.
- In order to ensure that we consistently provide the best possible service, we coordinate with other academic departments.