Northern provides the following testing services:
The Accuplacer Exam is one option for determining placement in Math and English classes. It is an untimed, multiple choice computerized exam consisting of sections on Math and English. Students must apply or register at Northern before being able to take the exam. Students must have and know their School ID for the test. For additional information see Placement Procedures
- Accuplacer exams are given Monday: 10am or 2pm, and Tuesday & Thursday: 2 to 5pm
- To schedule your Accuplacer, contact Haylie Baca at email@example.com or 505 551-2793
- For more Accuplacer information, please visit accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
How to Prepare
- We recommend students review Accuplacer study guides before testing.
- Visit https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students/prepare-for-accuplacer/practice.
Basic Strategies for Taking a Test
- Study, Study, Study – but not on the day of the test!
- Get a good night’s rest and eat breakfast.
- During the test, reread and pay careful attention to all directions.
- Take your time. This is not a timed test!
- Make sure you read the word problems thoroughly.
- Keep a positive attitude!
When you show up to Test
- Make sure you know your Student Eagle ID, and bring a picture ID
- Ask Admissions for assistance if you don't have your Student Eagle ID.
- Personal items such cellphones, smart watches, laptops, drinks or food are not allowed in the testing room.
- Once you start the test, it must be completed during that session.
- You must wait until the next day to take another placement test.
- You are not allowed to talk during the test.
- If students are suspected of cheating, their test may be stopped.
Cost of the Exam
- Students may take the exam free of charge.
- However, if you chooses to retake the exam, or any part of it, there is a $12 fee for retakes.
- Pay the fee at the Cashier’s office and bring the receipt to the testing center.
TESTING DAYS are Mondays through Thursdays, in-person at the Ben Lujan Library.
Remote testing is also available. To schedule a remote test, please contact Haylie Baca.
- Advanced Placement (AP) is a program that offers year-long college-level curricula and examinations to high school students.
- For further information see the NM Higher Education Department Advanced Placement Policy.
- Proctoring assistance is available for faculty and programs at NNMC.
The HiSET is a high school equivalency exam series. NNMC is an approved site for the delivery of HiSET exams.
- HiSET exams are given on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 10am to 12pm
- First-time candidates need to create an account at HiSET.ets.org.
- View further information on HiSET Exams.
- Scheduling of the HiSET exams is subject to change and can be confirmed on the HiSET web page.
- CLEP exams are given on Monday only, at 10am or 2pm
- These exams can be used to grant credit for certain College courses.
- Students will need to set up an account at CLEP, and work with their advisors to ensure that the credit granted via CLEP will be acceptable for their degree plans.