Note: During the Covid-19 campus closure, our testing schedule has been modified. Please contact Diana Garcia, the Testing Examiner, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (505) 747-2154, for specific scheduling information.
Northern provides the following testing services:
The Accuplace Exam is one option for determining placement in Math and English classes. It is an untimed, multiple choice computerized exam consisting of sections on Math and English. Students must apply or register at Northern before being able to take the exam. Students must have and know their School ID for the test. For additional information see Placement Procedures
- To schedule your Accuplacer Exam, contact Diana Garcia, email@example.com, (505) 747-2154.
- For more information on the Accuplacer, please visit accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
How to Prepare
- We recommend students review Accuplacer study guides before testing.
- Visit https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students/prepare-for-accuplacer/practice.
Basic Strategies for Taking a Test
- Study, Study, Study – but not on the day of the test!
- Get a good night’s rest and eat breakfast.
- During the test, reread and pay careful attention to all directions.
- Take your time. This is not a timed test!
- Make sure you read the word problems thoroughly.
- Keep a positive attitude!
When you show up to Test
- Make sure you know your Student Eagle ID.
- Ask Admissions for assistance if you don't have your Student Eagle ID.
- Bring a picture ID
- Personal items such cellphones, smart watches, laptops, drinks or food are not allowed in the testing room.
- You may not take any personal belongings with them into the test.
- Once you start the test, it must be completed during that session.
- You are not allowed to talk during the test.
- If students are suspected of cheating, their test may be stopped.
- You must wait until the next day to take another placement test.
Cost of the Exam
- Students may take the exam free of charge.
- However, if you chooses to retake the exam, or any part of it, there is a $12 fee for retakes.
- Pay the fee at the Cashier’s office and bring the receipt to the testing center.
Testing Services Contact:
The HiSET is a high school equivalency exam series. NNMC is an approved site for the delivery of HiSET exams.
- These exams can be used to grant credit for certain College courses. Students will need to set up an account at CLEP, and work with their advisors to ensure that the credit granted via CLEP will be acceptable for their degree plans.
- Proctoring assistance to faculty and programs at NNMC.