The Accuplacer is a series of exams that can be used to determine placement in Math and English courses.
It is an untimed, multiple choice computerized exam consisting sections on Math and English. Students wanting to take the Accuplacer must apply or register at Northern New Mexico College before being able to take the exam. Students must have and know their Student/Eagle ID for the test.
For more information on Accuplacer Test, please visit accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
For additional information and other options regarding placement see Placement Procedures
Scheduling the Accuplacer
During COVID-19 campus closure, Accuplacer exams are available online with Zoom proctoring.
How to Prepare
- We recommend that students review study guides before testing.
- Test study guides are available from the Advisement Center (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students can also practice at https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students/prepare-for-accuplacer/practice.
Basic strategies for taking the Accuplacer
- Study, Study, Study – but not on the day of the test!
- Get a good night’s rest and eat breakfast.
- During the test, reread and pay careful attention to all directions.
- Take your time. This is not a timed test!
- Make sure you read the word problems thoroughly.
- Keep a positive attitude!
On the day of the test
- Make sure you know your Northern Student ID.
- If you do not know it, ask Admissions (505 747.2111) for assistance.
- Bring a picture ID
- Personal items such cellphones, smart watches, laptops, drinks or food are not allowed in the testing room.
- Students may not take any personal belongings with them into the test.
- Once students start the test, it must be completed during that session.
- Students are not allowed to talk during the test.
- If students are suspected of cheating, their test may be stopped.
- Students must wait until the next day to take another placement test.
Cost of the Exam
- Students may take the exam free of charge.
- If a student chooses to retake the exam, or any part of it, there is a $12 fee.
- Pay the fee at the Cashier’s office (505 747.2131 or email@example.com) and bring the receipt to the testing center.