Contact the Student Advisement Center @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (505) 747-2150
Student advisement at Northern is an important part of making the most of your learning experience.
Learn how Northern's Academic Advisers can help you get started and stay on track for a successful college experience. Set up a meeting with an academic advisor where you will sign up for new student orientation and discuss your academic and career goals.
All new students, and transfer students with fewer than 12 credit hours, are required to meet with an academic advisor before registering for classes. Continuing students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor before registering.
Your advisor can help you:
- Choose a major and explore career options
- Create a realistic and attainable academic plan
- Learn about academic processes and strategies
- Understand and review the requirements for your degree plan
- Complete a course schedule and register for classes
- Remove any advisement holds on your account
To schedule a meeting, contact the Advisement Center at (505) 747-2150.
- You do not need to bring any materials to your initial meeting. Your advisor will provide you with an information packet.
- They will help you arrange testing if needed.
• Your Advisor will sign you up for New Student Orientation:
- Meet faculty, staff, and students
- Learn about student resources
- Take part in interactive workshops and activities
- Tour the campus
- Learn about academic programs