Contact the Student Advisement Center @ email@example.com or (505) 747-2150
If you haven't yet applied to Northern: follow the application steps here.
Just starting classes at Northern? Make an appointment with an advisor.
All new students are expected to attend New Student Orientation (NSO)! NSO activities are online during the pandemic. You will be contacted by the Advisement Center with the specific information as it is available. Watch for emails and texts or contact the Advisement Center.
Student advisement at Northern is an important part of making the most of your learning experience.
Learn how Northern's Academic Advisers can help you get started and stay on track for a successful college experience. Set up a meeting with an academic advisor where you will sign up for new student orientation and discuss your academic and career goals.
All new students, and transfer students with fewer than 12 credit hours, are required to meet with an academic advisor before registering for classes. Continuing students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor before registering.
Your advisor can help you:
- Choose a major and explore career options
- Create a realistic and attainable academic plan
- Learn about academic processes and strategies
- Understand and review the requirements for your degree plan
- Complete a course schedule and register for classes
- Remove any advisement holds on your account
To schedule a meeting, contact the Advisement Center at (505) 747-2150.
- You do not need to bring any materials to your initial meeting. Your advisor will provide you with an information packet.
- They will help you arrange testing if needed.
• Sign up for New Student Orientation:
- Meet faculty, staff, and students
- Learn about student resources
- Take part in interactive workshops and activities
- Tour the campus
- Learn about academic programs