Voter & Election Information
Registration and Early Voting deadlines:
- You can register to vote and vote early!
- Same Day Voter Registration: New Mexicans who are eligible to vote can register to vote or update their voter registration immediately before voting in a statewide election during Early Voting and on Election Day at county clerks' offices. Check with your county clerk's office to see if additional voting locations offer same day voting.
Absentee ballot deadlines:
- Request online now
- Return in person: TBD
Election day is Tues., November 7, 2023
For complete election information, go to:
- Office of the New Mexico Secretary of State (SOS) Voter Information Portal
- Voting Rights and Education
Register and Vote!
- Click to register to vote online.
- Click to request an Absentee Ballot online.
- Click for more information about Absentee and Early Voting.
- Same day registration is available when you vote in person at county clerks' offices.
Ways you can vote in 2023:
- Vote in person at your polling place on Election Day (November 7),
- Vote early (before Election Day) in person, or
- Vote by Absentee Ballot.
General New Mexico Voter Information
To sign up to vote in New Mexico, visit your local county clerk's office and fill out the voter registration form.
If you submit your form by mail, you will also need to include copies of:
- Photo identification
- Proof of name and residency (e.g. utility bill, paycheck, bank statement, etc.)
New Mexico Voter Eligibility
There are a few basic requirements you must meet in order to be eligible to vote in the United States and to register in New Mexico:
- You must be 18 years old by Election Day.
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must be a resident of New Mexico.
- If you have been convicted of a felony, you must have had your civil rights restored.
- You must not have been judged mentally unfit.
If you have any questions you can call the New Mexico Secretary of State Office toll-free at 1-800-477-3632 from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, or go to the Office of the New Mexico Secretary of State (SOS) website.
VOTE poster design, AIGA Denver