Other Northern Scholarships
To learn more please contact: Dr. David Torres, email@example.com, 505-747-2174
Are you pursuing a STEM degree at Northern? You could be eligible for $1,000 per semester for research through the National Science Foundation's Alliance for Minority Participation (AMP) scholarship.
- Declare their major to be a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8.
- Be enrolled full-time at NNMC.
- Be a minority (Hispanic, Native American, Black, ...).
- Be a U.S. citizen or possess status as a national, refugee alien, or permanent resident alien.
- Identify a faculty mentor willing to oversee research.
- Scholarships are also available for minority transfer students from community colleges majoring in STEM degrees.
- Transfer students do not have to have a research project to be eligible for the scholarship.
NORTHERN NEW MEXICO COLLEGE BRIDGE SCHOLARSHIP
You are eligible if you are a New Mexico resident, and you have graduated from a New Mexico public high school, or an accredited New Mexico private high school within 16 months with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better upon graduation, or you have received a NM HSE/GED within 16 months.
- Enroll in 15 credits at Northern for the Spring 2018 semester.
- Have declared a major and have been accepted into a degree or certificate program.
- Have provided the Financial Aid Office with a final copy of your high school or HSE/GED transcript.
- Complete, or have on file with the Financial Aid Office, a current year FAFSA form or Student Aid Report.
- Financial information on FAFSA does not affect eligibility for this scholarship.
Citizenship status does not affect eligibility for this scholarship.