Financial Aid Home
Northern School Code: 005286
A. Create an FSA ID. In order to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, students now need a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID), made up of a selected username and password. Students and parents should create their own in order to electronically sign their FAFSAs and other federal financial aid documents.
For a video on how to create an FSA ID, click here.
B. File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
This online application determines if you are eligible for Federal Grants, Loans, Scholarships and Work Study. You will need the most recent tax information from you or your parents to complete the application.
For an overview of the Financial Aid process, click here.
For a helpful tool to estimate your cost to attend college, try our new Net Price Calculator
Apply early! Because it can take several weeks to process a FAFSA, we encourage you to apply early and follow through with all requirements in order to receive an early award letter. Some types of aid are limited and awarded on a first-come first-serve basis.
C. Contact the Financial Aid Staff. Financial Aid Officers can be found by your last name.
- Jacob Pacheco, Financial Aid Director
- Connie Manzanares, Financial Aid Assistant Director
- Rebecca Rendon, A-L
- Angelique Rodriguez, M-Q
- Jeanette Padilla, R-Z
D. Fill out Financial Aid forms. Your Financial Aid Officer will tell you which forms you need to complete.
E. Lifetime Eligibility Usage (LEU) for Federal Pell Grant. In July 2012, the Pell Grant duration of eligibility used will be reduced from 900% to 600%, the equivalent of 12 full-time semesters.
- The new LEU limit of 600% will apply to all Pell recipients regardless of when they first began receiving Pell Grant funds.
- You can check your Lifetime Eligibility Usage status with your FSA ID please visit, National Student Loan Database System
F. Check your eligibility and apply for scholarships
- After your FAFSA is processed, you will receive an official Award Letter from the Financial Aid Office.
- You can check your financial aid status at any time by signing into your myNNMC account and clicking on the financial aid tab.
- Explore additional financial aid options and apply for scholarships,Grants, Loans and Work Study.
G. Set up Direct Deposit to receive any refunds. Financial aid is disbursed through direct deposit only.