The maintenance department is responsible for all maintenance issues on the NNMC campus. This includes but is not limited to the repairing of the building walls, doors, and windows; painting; replacing ceiling tiles; flooring; access control; minor remodels; and repairing, assembling and installing of furniture; minor plumbing issues and electrical issues; office moves; and set ups for NNMC related events. Faculty and Staff can submit a Facilities work order request form for any assistance required by the maintenance department.
List of Services
- Completing work orders that are assigned by management
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations to management
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Set up for the Fall and Spring commencements
- Change air filters for all HVAC Units
- Assist grounds with sprinkler and irrigation systems