Veterans Resource Center
At Northern's Veterans Resource Center you can register for classes and get certified to use your GI Bill, including the Post 9/11 GI Bill. You can also find out about all the services offered at Northern for veterans.
Veterans Center Contact: (505) 747-5499
Northern's VA Certifying Official: Joseph (Rudy) C'deBaca's (505) 747-5499, firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Veterans Office is located in AD 100A, on the lower level of the Administration Building, in the old Student Success Center.
- You can access your GI Bill account and apply for benefits online at www.gibill.va.gov.
- If you are the veteran, you will use DD form 22-1990.
- If you are a dependent or spouse of a service member or veteran, and you would like to apply for GI Bill Education benefits to be used here at Northern you will need to complete DD form 22-5490.
- If you are changing schools or programs of study, you will need to complete a DD form 22-5495 or 22-1995.
- You may submit these applications electronically by visiting the above web site at www.gibill.va.gov.
- Or, come to the Student Veteran's Office and fill out applications in person with our helpful staff.
- Make sure you bring in copies of your applications and DD form 214
- Each semester you need to bring in your class schedule to a VA Certifying Official for certification of benefits.