General Dual Credit Information
Benefits of taking Dual Credit classes @Northern:
- You’ve already been accepted to a 4-year accredited college
- Earn college credits tuition free
- Be successful and build confidence in a college-class environment
- Learn what to expect from college
- Reduce the cost of your college education
- Potentially earn a certificate or more at the college level
- Explore college majors and possible careers
- Enjoy smaller classes and student-teacher ratios
Things to Consider:
- The NNMC academic calendar starts and ends at different dates than the high school calendar. Students are expected to attend NNMC classes even if the high school is not in session on a particular day, such as holidays, semester breaks, or athletic events.
- Dual Credit students do not pay for tuition or books but are responsible for paying any lab or media fees.
- Grades earned at NNMC are part of your permanent academic record, and are mailed to the high school at the end of each semester. Grades are not mailed to the student but may be accessed through the “My NNMC” tab at nnmc.edu.
- Submit a request to the NNMC Registrar’s Office to have a copy of your transcripts mailed to you or to another college/university.