Date April 29, 2021 Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Simulation Lab Coordinator/ Nursing Faculty, Associate Degree Nursing Program
Job Type: Regular half-time FLSA: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
The Simulation Lab Coordinator is a member of the nursing faculty charged with managing the nursing simulation laboratory and directing skills and simulation laboratory learning activities. The position entails reduced faculty teaching responsibilities as required to meet the instructional needs of the nursing program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct skills/simulation laboratory learning activities in collaboration with nursing faculty.
• Develop clinical simulation activities to support faculty instructional needs.
• Establish partnerships with community health care facilities and other institutions of higher learning for the usage of high fidelity simulation manikins and the simulation learning laboratory.
• Supervise and provide training in the use, maintenance, and storage of simulation laboratory equipment and supplies.
• Develop and maintain a simulation laboratory policy and procedure manual in collaboration with nursing faculty.
• Ensure compliance with departmental policy and procedure for simulation and skills learning activities.
• Provide orientation and guidance for new and adjunct clinical faculty in the use of simulation and skills laboratories.
• Mentor clinical faculty as requested by the Program Director.
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory and vendor file of simulation laboratory supplies and equipment.
• Ensure maintenance of all simulation laboratory equipment and repair logs.
• Order supplies and equipment for the simulation laboratory in collaboration with faculty and the Program Director, ensuring compliance with purchasing policy and procedures.
• Assume faculty responsibilities for instruction of didactic, clinical and simulation laboratory courses as assigned by the Program Director. (see full-time or half-time faculty job description for additional duties and responsibilities related to instruction)
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Master’s degree in nursing required.
Current, unencumbered RN license in the state of New Mexico or compact state.
Current healthcare provider CPR.
Previous teaching experience preferred.
Conditions of Employment
A minimum of seventeen and one half hours per week. Flexible schedule. Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen. Current, unencumbered RN license in the state of New Mexico or compact state. Ability to meet institutional requirements for participation in clinical practicums.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Knowledge of associate degree nursing programs.
• Knowledge of evidence based teaching strategies.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students, and the public.
• Ability to work with a wide range of individuals (students, staff, faculty, public) and with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to effectively provide a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Ability to address multiple learning styles in classroom teaching. Experience with a variety of teaching resources.
• Knowledge of nursing high fidelity simulation learning.
• Ability to maintain clinical competence in area of teaching.
• Ability to introduce computer technology into the classroom and laboratory and willingness to explore new course delivery methods.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to attend to details and meet deadlines.
• Good computer software skills – Microsoft Office, email, and electronic calendar.
• Ability to role model professional nursing behaviors.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
• Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
• References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
• Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER