Date: July 26, 2022
Position Title: Senior Facility/Projects Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
SUMMARY: The Senior Facility/Projects Administrative Assistant provides all administrative assistance and capital projects support for the facilities department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide initial contact between the department and customers (students, faculty, staff, and general public) by answering phones, answering questions, taking messages, greeting visitors, and distributing general information. Screen and prioritize calls when necessary. Relay messages to appropriate persons.
- Provide assistance to Supervisor with work orders. Maintain logs and files for work orders
- Assist staff with timesheets, maintain attendance records and other payroll forms.
- Assist in monitoring departmental budget(s) through knowledge of ordering system, tracking purchase requisitions, purchase orders, shipping documents, invoices, purchases, storeroom requisitions, and other financial documents approved by supervisor.
- Assist with inventory of department supplies and equipment, prepare purchase requests for supplies, and prepare forms necessary for the department.
- Set up and maintain Files.
- Operate office machines as needed in performance of duties, including personal computer, printer, copier, fax machine, binding machine, and calculator.
- Assume primary responsibilities for pick-up and distribution of mail.
- Assist supervisor with budget. Prepare and maintain reports with balances. Assist supervisor with budget adjustment forms, Purchase requisitions, Service contracts, Personnel Action notices and other forms.
- Assist with job searches including preparing documents and setting up interviews
- receive and process invoices
- Maintain vendor files & logs
- Manage calendars, and make travel and meeting arrangements.
- Work on Capital Projects paperwork on yearly basis. Prepare packets for Higher
- Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Assist Fleet Coordinator and other departments as needed.
- All Clerical duties and responsibilities of the facilities department.
- Assist with any and all other duties relating to facilities.
- Help oversee work-study student.
- Perform other related duties as appropriate or required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or GED diploma. Three years of general clerical secretarial experience.
- AA degree.
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering;
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials;
- Skill in the use of operating office equipment;
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures;
- Records maintenance skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information;
- Computer proficiency in MS Windows and MS Office including Access, Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Bilingual preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of management, students, faculty, and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Ability to coordinate office activities and to multi-task effectively.
- Limited physical effort required;
- Occasional prolonged standing is required;
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds;
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest; 2) a resume; 3) names/address/telephone numbers of 3 professional references
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER