Date: April 5, 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Safety & Security Officer
Department: Safety & Security Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Pay Range: $11.55 per hour Location: El Rito Campus
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Safety & Security supervisor, this position will provide security functions for the College that include physical security and safety of faculty, staff and students, facilities, and assets. The incumbent will conduct highly visible campus patrols, inspections, and escort services as required; respond to all college related calls for assistance; initiate or assist in investigations of incidents as required or directed and must maintain confidentiality. The incumbent may be assigned to work any shift which may include weekends and holidays at the Espanola or El Rito Campus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain College Safety & Security needs of the college community;
• Enforce all statutes and policies;
• Contact emergency responders as required;
• Investigate and report to supervisor all noted incidents, hazards and accidents in a timely manner;
• Responsible for arming/disarming of alarms; record and report all alarm incidents to supervisor;
• Work special events and college activities;
• Provides escort services when requested;
• Assist supervisor in monitoring security equipment and camera surveillance when directed;
• Responsible to keep security vehicle and equipment clean & in working order;
• Prepares daily activity logs and incident reports by the end of each shift; reports safety incidents to supervisor in a timely fashion;
• Provide First Aid/CPR when requested/required;
• Responsible for ensuring that the college is not left unattended without a security officer during the shift and must not leave shift until security officers arrive for shift change;
• Responsible for daily locking and unlocking of all college property;
• Conduct or assist with incident, accident or other investigations;
• Patrol buildings and grounds of the college (interior and exterior) to ensure the safety and security of the physical structures and its permissible occupants;
• All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma or GED;
• One (1) year of experience in security or law enforcement.
• CPR Certified.
• Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver’s License;
• Must possess and maintain a good driving record;
• Must be willing to work all shifts, including holidays;
• Must be willing to work at either the Espanola or El Rito Campus;
• Must maintain confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective
security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions;
• Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures;
• Ability to successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Ability to complete routine paperwork and prepare reports;
• Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle;
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures;
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation;
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
• Skill in performing building security and lock procedures;
• Skill in providing protection services to individuals on campus;
• Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel;
• Knowledge of basic computer programs including use of the Microsoft Office Suite and other industry- driven software;
• Knowledge of access control of Avigilon Security Camera System;
• Ability to assist supervisor to identify and gather evidence;
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions;
• Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises;
• Frequent walking, running, climbing multiple staircases, bending and stooping;
• Frequent moving and lifting up to 50 pounds;
• Occasionally move and lift more than 50 pounds.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) resume, and 2) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER