Date: February 14, 2020
Application Deadline: The position open until filled
Position Title: Registrar
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
SUMMARY: Northern New Mexico College is seeking a strategic thinker interested in advancing the student experience with progressive models for providing learning experiences. The Registrar will provide vision and leadership in the planning, organization, and management of all activities related to official maintenance of student records, and will actively participate in the processes of course scheduling, enrollment data, planning and related analytics for the college.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs the daily operations of the Registrar's Office; serves as an internal consultant and implements faculty academic policies; reviews policy exception requests.
• Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of college policies and procedures regarding student registration, records, class schedules, instructional space scheduling, residency requirements, identification cards, and graduation requirements.
• Maintains and upgrades the College's academic information infrastructures including academic records archives, Establishes and implements short- and long-range department goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
• Organizes and administer student academic records, all registration and graduation functions, including transcript evaluations, and coordinate reporting with the New Mexico Higher Education Department in order to provide maximum service to students while ensuring efficient and effective workflow.
• Oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of unit staff.
• Participates in coordination with deans and chairs of academic departments in the development and management of course scheduling, including updating general information such as course additions and cancellations, and eliminating room conflicts, managing course times, instructor changes, new course requests and cancellations.
• Prepares and submits final course schedules for both print and website publication.
• Participates and coordinates with deans and chairs of academic departments and programs in updating the instructional course catalog.
• Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting of student records within FERPA guidelines (e.g., grades, registration data, transcripts, mid-term verification, athletic eligibility and state and federal audits).
• Supervises the coordination, evaluation and certification of all graduation applications, while overseeing the complete graduation process to include all elements of the rehearsal and ceremony.
• Develops, recommends, and manages the annual budget for the Office of the Registrar.
• Participates in relevant student services activities. Lead initiatives as determined by the Dean of Student Services and the Provost.
• Represents the College to various external and governmental agencies, vendors, students and their parents, and/or the general public.
• Recommends and participates in the development of college policies and procedures; may serve on college planning and policy-making committees.
• Collaborates with representative of the New Mexico Higher Education Department, and other national, state, and local organizations on the development and implementation of new policies, requirements, and practices.
• Submits new degrees and certificates, as well as courses in new subject areas, to the New Mexico Higher Education Department for approval of appropriate CIP codes.
• Upgrades professional knowledge, evaluates new technologies and provide leadership and develop recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications that support enhanced services offered through the Office of the Registrar.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university;
• Five (5) years’ directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Master’s degree;
• Experience working with Ellucian Banner Student Module;
• Experience working with New Mexico Higher Education Department and knowledge of the regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
• Strong analytical and communication skills, along with evidence of creative problem solving.
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
• Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws regarding student records.
• Database management skills.
• Ability to evaluate and edit the content, structure, and format of a range of written material.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
• Knowledge of space allocation practices and principles.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
• Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Ability to plan, assess, and evaluate programs.
• Knowledge of records archiving and/or retrieval.
• Ability to provide technical advice and information to faculty in area of expertise.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Knowledge of student registration, academic, and residency requirements.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
• Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
• Knowledge of New Mexico Higher Education Department and Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education student exchange policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of NAIA rules and certification of student athlete eligibility.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
• Employee development and performance management skills.
• Knowledge of telephone answering and referral services.
• Knowledge of database construction, management, and retrieval methods.
• Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
• Skill in accessing internet information services.
• Knowledge of records retention and/or destruction policies and procedures.
• Ability to provide professional direction, guidance and counsel to publications editors.
• Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
• Knowledge of NAIA recruiting rules and student-athlete eligibility requirements.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER