Date: August 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Receptionist
Department: Advisement Center Rate: $14.42/hr 30,000 annually
SUMMARY: Serves as the face of the College, welcoming and directing students and visitors. The primary role of this position is to communicate with students, prospective students, and community members in person, on the phone and by email. This position will respond to queries about the college and direct them to the programs and staff best able to provide specific information. The College strives to provide excellent service and this position will be the first representative of service excellence most people encounter. The position will also provide receptionist duties for the Advisement Center, scheduling appointments and responding to student requests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greets and directs visitors (internal and external), resolves routine administrative problems and answers inquiries concerning activities and operations of departments
• Provides general information about the college, its programs, and activities
• Operates telephone switchboard - answer, screen, or forward calls, provide information
• Directs visitors to the appropriate personnel and controlling customer traffic;
• Tracks, responds, and directs website inquiries about the college
• Responds to student inquiries and provides responses to routine requests
• Forwards complaints from students and customers
• Provides information about the college, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the college, or services provided by individual departments
• Makes appointments for first-year advisors
• Supports student services offices with administrative tasks
• Maintains a calendar of events
• Must maintain regular attendance
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Associates Degree or minimum of two years of college
• One (1) year of general clerical/office experience.
• One year experience working with public and providing customer service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proficiency with Google calendar and docs
• Problem-solving skills;
• Ability to work effectively with a team;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications;
• Organizing and coordinating skills;
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials;
• Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment;
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Records maintenance skills;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information;
• Word processing and/or data entry skills.
• No or very limited physical effort required;
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest; 2) resume;
3) names/address/telephone numbers of 3 professional references
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER