Date: February 7, 2019 Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Prep Cook FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Food Services Job Type: Temporary – Part Time 20 hours per week
Pay Range: $10/Hr.
SUMMARY: Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. Will perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. Will be quick, diligent, and willing to improve on the job. Able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follow the executive chef’s prep list to plan your daily work
• Label ingredients and food items and stock pantry and refrigerator shelves in an organized manner
• Properly store food items in designated containers
• Sanitize work areas and equipment, wash dishes, take out trash
• Measure seasonings, condiments, and ingredients for use in cooking
• Portion and wrap food
• Prepare ingredients for cooking
• Wash, peel, and chop fruits and vegetables
• Clean and cut or grind meat, fish, poultry, and shellfish
• Place food in warming trays or refrigerated storage as appropriate
• Carry food items and utensils to food stations
• Use manual and electric equipment for food preparation
• Perform basic cooking tasks such as stirring, straining, and parboiling food and reducing sauces
• Package take out foods
• Prepare beverages including soft drinks, coffee, and tea
• Hand out prepared dishes to servers for delivery to customers
• Maintain records of quantities of foods and ingredients used
• Update supervisors when stock of food items or supplies are low
• Inform managers about broken or malfunctioning equipment
• Comply with food safety and sanitation guidelines
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
• One (1) Year of in experience in Food Preparation or Food Service
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
• Ability to use a computer.
• Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
• Basic food-handling skills
• Standing for extended periods of time.
• Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 30 lbs. on a frequent basis.
• Bending, reaching, reaching overhead, stoop and kneel.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1 resume, 2) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER