Date: June 26, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Plumbers & Pipefitters Center of Excellence (PPCoE) El Rito Campus Project Director
Job Type: Full-Time/Term (employment contingent on grant funding)
Reports to: President
Salary Range: Salary will commensurate with experience, skills and knowledge
SUMMARY: Northern New Mexico College seeks a PPCoE El Rito Campus Project Director. Reporting to the President, the PPCoE Project Director is responsible for the planning, implementation, and management of grant activities at Northern New Mexico College PPCoE El Rito Campus to achieve the project's objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide leadership to PPCoE program planning, implementation, and evaluation processes.
• Supervise the PPCoE grant budget, prepare annual budgets, and authorize all expenditure of funds ensuring appropriate utilization of funds.
• Coordinate and oversee equipment purchases.
• Develop appropriate tracking procedures and mechanisms for grant participants and
develop and implement appropriate tracking procedures and follow-up on transfer students during and after the grant period.
• Maintain confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding
students, supervisors or other employees.
• Develop strategies to institutionalize PPCoE initiatives at the College.
• Collaborate effectively with the Vice Presidents, Academic Deans, Grants Office, Chairs, and Directors, Center for Students Success and Advisement.
• Coordinate project efforts with the offices of Recruitment and Admissions and Distance Ed, with Faculty Senate, and Staff.
• Communicate project goals and objectives to all College constituencies and project collaborators.
• Issue quarterly reports summarizing progress for the Provost and others.
• Develop and maintain a PPCoE Policy and Procedures Manual that embodies the requirements of program statutes, regulations, and policy statements.
• Assists the external evaluator and the internal monitoring team in ongoing formative and
annual summative project evaluation.
• Manage the program budget in strict compliance with federal guidelines, authorize allowable expenditures and quarterly financial reports.
• Prepare and submit all reports required by the ECMC Foundation.
• Communicate with PPCoE program office.
• Participate in the hiring of grant-funded personnel and provide administrative supervision.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business Management, or Business Administration or related field.
• A Master’s Degree in project management or educational administration/management.
• Four years of Project Management experience in the trades field, preferably with a regional high tech contracting company.
• Two years of experience managing grant programs, including budgets, preferably with Title III, Title V or HSI STEM initiatives.
• Aministrative experience in higher education, preferably at a public Higher Ed institution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Experience working with and insight into the needs of first-generation and/or underrepresented college students.
• Demonstrated experience in budget and fiscal management.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
• Knowledge of distance learning and digital media preferred.
• Knowledge of excel or statistical analysis software such as R, SAS, etc., and to make data informed decisions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
• No or very limited physical effort required;
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Must be able to utilize/view a PC and or monitor
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a cover letter, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER