Date: October 25, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Payroll Manager
Department: Human Resources Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Summary: This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the entire payroll processing cycle.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform daily payroll operations and process biweekly and semi-monthly payrolls for hourly and salaried employees with the utmost attention to detail to ensure accuracy;
• Process all payroll related documents (e.g. contracts, personnel actions, W-4 forms, direct deposit authorizations, insurance enrollments, etc.);
• Enter, audit, and correct timesheets for compliance of established standards;
• Process leave request forms; maintain HRIS leave processes to ensure accurate reporting;
• Assist with benefits administration;
• Assist employees and management in the proper use of the web time entry system;
• Process manual checks when required;
• Process and answer all garnishments, wage assignments and levies ensuring that all legal requirements are met;
• Manage payroll compliance to federal and state legal requirements including the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Family Medical Leave Act;
• Reconcile and submit employer and employee contributions/deductions to appropriate agencies/carriers on a biweekly and monthly basis (e.g. supplemental retirement plans, flexible spending, health insurance, etc.);
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports (e.g. Educational Retirement, Retiree Health Care, Form 941, etc.);
• Assist employees with payroll information and requests;
• Process and reconcile annual tax statements;
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting of federal and state taxes in compliance with IRS and state mandates;
• Participate in internal and external financial audits;
• Answer payroll questions and prepare reports for employees, agencies and carriers on related payroll issues;
• Provide information to employees and managers/supervisors on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective bargaining agreement provisions
• Participate in implementation and testing of software upgrades to the Human Resources Module; maintain applicable validation and rule tables;
• Keep current on payroll tax changes and regulations;
• Analyze and implement process and procedural improvements;
• Provide payroll reports to various accounting personnel; prepare ad hoc reports;
• Prepare month-end journal entries and reconcile related balance sheet accounts; process salary redistributions when necessary;
• Perform other related job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field with a minimum of 6 hours in accounting coursework;
• Three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities listed; an additional four years’ payroll experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 12 credit hours of accounting coursework;
• Experience working with Ellucian Banner Human Resources Module;
• Experience working in higher education setting.
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and odd hours as required.
• Regular and dependable attendance is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of state and federal wage, tax laws and overtime requirements;
• Knowledge of benefits administration and retirement plans;
• Ability to demonstrate excellent oral/written communication;
• Above average skill in the use of Microsoft Office programs;
• Strong mathematical skills;
• Must possess strong attention to detail skills;
• Ability to provide excellent customer service;
• Knowledge of payroll procedures and practices;
• Ability to comprehend instructions, interpret documents and apply abstract principles to a wide range of complex tasks;
• Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems;
• Ability to maintain effective professional working relationships;
• Ability to perform under pressure and respond to rigid schedules and meet deadlines;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Ability to work independently with minimal daily direction.
• The majority of duties are performed while sitting at a desk and requires spending extended hours in front of a computer screen;
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a fast paced office environment with constant unscheduled interruptions. Work regularly requires more than 40 hours per week to include weekends and holidays.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER