Responsible for assisting the development, events planning and resource building operations for the Northern Foundation. Provides comprehensive office support to assist with implementation of a development program that secures the significant financial resources from local and national foundations, corporations, and individuals to support the mission and goals of NNMC.
Date: July 6, 2017
Application Deadline: open until filled
Position Title: Operations Specialist
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Pay Range: $16.35 – $16.83 per hour
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracks and manages all aspects of the Foundation budget.
- Proactively coordinates relationship building and follow-up with donors and other constituents to help advance the overall strategic plans of the Northern Foundation.
- Delivers quality customer service and handles complex situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Works closely with Executive Director, Northern New Mexico College (NNMC) staff, donors, outside stakeholders and agents, and volunteers in support of a comprehensive resource development program.
- Provides general office oversight and management in support of Foundation operations.
- Responsible for Foundation accounting processes and procedures.
- Act as liaison between Foundation and College for finance and business operations.
- Provide oversight and guidance to work-study employee(s).
- Provide key leadership in annual Foundation scholarship awards process.
- Coordinate and process data analysis and entry projects; operate and maintain a computer and database system; enter donations into the computer, maintain database integrity and gift lists in RE7. Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields where information is available.
- Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of hardcopy filing system.
- Create, manage and generate various reports and lists as needed.
- Serve as co-coordinator and support for annual gala and other Foundation events.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: Associate’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or related area and three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Substitution for Education - Two years of experience directly related to the purpose of the position will substitute for education.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in nonprofit development and relational database systems and/or Blackbaud’s Raiser's Edge fundraising software.
- Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse population, both in and outside the unit and college.
- Commitment to professionalism and confidentiality in handling sensitive, confidential and operational information.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and balance a heavy workload.
- High organizational and problem solving abilities, task-oriented, and flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of database software is required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge of operation of a computer, codes and their applications, and generation of reports.
- Knowledge of financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to analyze data for appropriate posting.
- Ability to learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly.
- Ability to prioritize data entry projects and review work for accuracy.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Willingness to assist with event preparation and execution.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn or train on Blackbaud’s Raiser's Edge fundraising software.
- No or very limited physical effort required;
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts, if applicable.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER