Date: September 9, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Office Manager
Department: Branch Community College
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of Support for the Branch Community College.
SUMMARY: The Office manager assists faculty, staff and students in Branch Community College Administration with Office Manager and administrative duties in order to effectively deliver the academic programs to students. The Branch Community College operates at the Espanola NM and El Rito NM campuses.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide overall administrative support for the Branch Community College.
• Provide Office Manager duties and responsibilities to the Chair, Program Director and all full-time, part-time and adjunct faculty teaching in the Branch Community College.
• Provide initial contact between the department and customers (students, faculty, staff and general public) by answering phones, answering questions, taking messages, greeting visitors, and distributing general information regarding programs and courses. Screen and prioritize calls when necessary. Relay messages to appropriate persons.
• Manage calendars, and make travel and meeting arrangements.
• Operate office machines as needed in performance of duties, including personal computer, printer, copier, fax machine, binding machine, and calculator.
• Assist with inventory of department supplies and equipment, prepare purchase requests for supplies, and prepare forms necessary for departmental administrative support.
• Assist in monitoring departmental budget(s) through knowledge of ordering system, tracking purchase requisitions, purchase orders, shipping documents, invoices, bookstore purchases, storeroom requisitions, and other financial documents approved by supervisor.
• Assume primary responsibilities for pick-up and distribution of mail.
• Prepare degree plan packets and distribute as needed.
• Assist with the coordination of student orientations.
• Assist with correspondence, reports, proposals, and manuscripts written by any faculty member, director, or Chair.
• Assist with annual reports for regulatory and accrediting bodies.
• Set up and maintain all student files.
• Assume responsibility of tracking and compiling data for enrollment and potential graduates.
• Perform weekly well checks on classroom equipment, tables, chairs, printers, etc.
• Proctor test taking for faculty or adjunct faculty when needed.
• Prepare contracts for the Branch Community College.
• Maintain minutes and files for all Branch Community College Administration meetings (interdepartmental and advisory board meetings).
• Prepare letters of appointments, assist faculty with book adoptions, and enter program schedules each semester.
• Assist students with registration activities.
• Assist adjunct faculty with instructional related tasks as needed.
• Coordinate evening courses to include work orders and assistance to full-time, part-time and adjunct faculty.
• Help oversee work-study student.
• Perform other related duties as appropriate or required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Associates degree and four (4) years of experience in upper level administrative duties.
• Computer proficiency in MS Windows and MS Office including Access, Excel, Word
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience as an Office Manager
• Experience working in Higher Education environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service;
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering;
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials;
• Skill in the use of operating office equipment;
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures;
• Records maintenance skills;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information;
• Ability to work with Adobe Acrobat ;
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; Bilingual preferred;
• Excellent inter-personal communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of management, students, faculty, and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors;
• Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
• Ability to coordinate office activities and to multi-task effectively.
• Limited physical effort required;
• Occasional prolonged standing is required;
• Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds;
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest; 2) resume; 3) names/address/telephone numbers of 3 professional references: 4) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER