POSITION VACANCY (Student Position)
Job Title: EAGLE TECH
Pay Rate: $12.00/Hour
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a bright NNMC student to provide technical support and tutoring to other NNMC students, faculty and special projects. This technical support tutor is known as an Eagle Tech and will provide support in person, via phone, web, email, chat and other channels as required. A background in IT and IT support is preferred.
The mission of the Eagle Tech Support Center is to strengthen the technology skills of NNMC students. By developing these vital skills, we will increase a student’s ability to successfully complete a degree program in today’s information and technology‐centered world. Rather than allowing students to sink or swim in a sea of technology, Eagle Techs will support the development of necessary technology skills and enhance learning and retention.
The Eagle Tech Support Center will provide technology support to all currently enrolled NNMC students, full/part-time faculty, DE clients and NNMC employees. Eagle Techs will help students and staff develop technology skills and troubleshoot technology issues.
• Take ownership of issues reported and see problems through to resolution;
• Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve student issues;
• Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams;
• Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers;
• Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues;
• Keep accurate and timely logs/ reports.
• Generate time and effort reports
• Comply with remote working expectations
Eagle Techs will tutor students and provide assistance in the following areas:
• Email assistance (including password reset);
• Blackboard assistance (including password reset);
• Genius assistance (including password reset);
• Zoom assistance (including password reset);
• Using and navigating the online Blackboard Student Orientation;
• Using and navigating Blackboard Collaborate;
• Using and navigating Banner;
• Monitor the Spiceworks ticketing system;
• Helping students complete a technology skills profile and mastering proficiencies like:
- I am able to type an internet address into the address bar to visit a particular web page.
- I am able to bookmark a web page.
- I am able to use print preview to select certain pages of a document for printing.
- I can use the FIND function to locate a word or phrase within a particular web page.
- I know of at least 3 different web browsers I can use and am familiar with the process of downloading and upgrading web browsers;
- I can copy and paste a web address from my email or other application into a web browser;
- I know how to use toolbar buttons to move back and forward, and to go the home page;
- I know how to clear the history, cache, and cookies in a web browser.
• Creating and formatting PowerPoint presentations;
• Creating and formatting Word documents;
• Creating and formatting Excel spreadsheets;
• Using Google Drive;
• Downloading and navigating eBooks;
• Learning about mobile computing including how to download and use apps;
• Learning about online communication etiquette;
• General information hub for campus community;
• Library resources, including electronic databases;
• Citation resources.
This position is part time and requires flexible availability. The qualified candidate will be available during evening and weekend hours. The qualified candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and possess a working knowledge of the aforementioned technology skills.
• Current NNMC Student, preferably seeking a degree in Information Technology;
• Working experience in IT support;
• Strong problem‐solving skills;
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working remotely.