2021 Northern New Mexico Normal School Alumni Association, Inc. Scholarship Application
Northern New Mexico Normal School Alumni Association, Inc. (NNMNSAA), established as a non-profit organization in 1984, promotes higher education for New Mexico students.
Application Instructions for students that have been accepted to a vocational school, college or university:
The NNMNSAA Scholarship is intended to assist local students interested in attaining a higher education at a Vocational School, College or University. Scholarship amount may vary between $500-$1000 depending on the number of acceptable applications received and Scholarship recipients selected by the NNMNSAA Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship Application available beginning October 1, 2020
- Application deadline: March 31, 2021 (only complete applications will be accepted)
- Applicant must be a student planning to attend a Vocational School, College or University.
- Applicant must have applied & been accepted to a Vocational School, College or University.
- Applicant must provide an official copy of his/her most recent high school transcript.
- Applicant must provide an official "Letter of Acceptance" from a Vocational School, College or University.
- Applicant must provide one (1) letter of reference from an individual such as a school counselor, instructor, teacher, coach, employer, or community member.
- Applicant must provide a brief essay (300-word double-spaced) in response to the following essay questions:
- How will your higher education allow you to give back to your community?
- How will your language and culture benefit you on your educational journey and future endeavors?
- How will this scholarship help you achieve your educational objectives?
- State your financial need.
- Late entries and incomplete applications will not be accepted. NNMNSAA reserves the right to increase the dollar amount of this award, to increase the number of scholarships awarded, or to abstain from granting this award in the case that no acceptable applications are submitted.
- The selection committee will be comprised of (5) five NNMNS Alumni.
Email completed applications to:
Serafin Padilla, Chairperson
Att: NNMNSAA Scholarship Committee
Questions? Call (505) 410-0183