Date: April 8, 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Network Systems Administrator
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Reports directly to the Chief Information Officer. The Network Administrator is responsible for the overall management and administration of Northern New Mexico College’s multi-campus-wide information technology network system to include the following areas of responsibility: Network Administration; Infrastructure Documentation; Network Security of both the “Wired” and “Wireless” Campus solutions. The Network Administrator is responsible in knowing and fully understanding Network System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process, configuration management database (CMDB) process, and project management body of knowledge (PMBOK) approach and project management methodology in managing any ongoing projects. Hands on experience working with: VMWare, Security of Networks Technology to include: Cisco hardware, Firewalls, Meraki Solutions to name a few.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Network Systems Administrator may designate various activities; however, the following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time for any reason, including reasonable accommodation.
• Configure and maintain all Network Equipment which includes but not limited to: Cisco Switches, Routers, DNS, VLANS, VoIP QOS, WAPs, Firewall(s), Active Directory, Virtual Private Networks, ODBC Connections, etc.
• Work to maintain our American Registry of Internet Numbers (ARIN)
• Maintain and control IP Addresses.
o Assist in the coordination and migration of all campus network services infrastructure of the college network on all Campuses.
o Responsible of network security to include wireless connection and maintain all VPN connection, user accounts and passwords.
o Assist in the development of long-term organization-wide information technology needs and the development of overall strategy and evaluation for information needs and systems development.
o Effectively maintain the secure organization of campus data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and access management.
o Provide help desk support.
o Serve on committees where appropriate.
• Identify changes and trends in computer and systems technology and interpret their meaning and implications to the Chief Information Officer.
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the NNMC host computers by monitoring system performance, security, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to network system firmware and software.
• Develops new system and network implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff on security protocols and how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
• Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
• Establishes, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software. Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with policies and best practices
• Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse. Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
• Assist the security of the network infrastructure by implementing industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
• Manage the physical network environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling, and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access. Build and deploy new servers on the network as needed.
• Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
• Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university,
• Three years’ directly related to the duties in Cisco Network Switch/Router configurations and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use; project management; network management configuration.
• Experience working with Cisco Equipment such as: Switches Firewalls, WAP and Routers;
• Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCNE, CCNT
• CompTIA Security+ Certification
• Cloud Storage Solutions
• Experience working with NM Higher Education Department and knowledge of the regulations.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated team-building experience with other professionals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
• May require kneeling, squatting, bending and/or climbing.
• May require temporary exposure to cold/hot environments.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment. Work environment includes typical computer related noise levels and paper and equipment generated dust. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis. Incumbent is on call to provide support services during off hours. Scheduled night and weekend work may be required. Moderate lifting.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copy of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER