Date: September 5, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Laboratory Technician
Department: Student Services
Job Type: Temp part-time 20 hours per week
Pay Range: $18.40 per hour
SUMMARY: This position will require installation, maintenance, upgrading, and troubleshooting of hardware and software equipment belonging to all laboratories in the Electromechanical Engineering Technology (EMET) and/or Information Engineering Technology (IET) programs of College of Engineering and Technology, Northern New Mexico College.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sets up and maintains information and/or electromechanical engineering technology lab equipment;
• Installs and updates information and/or electromechanical engineering technology software as necessary;
• Troubleshoots computers, networking, information engineering technology issues, and/or electromechanical engineering lab equipment and technology issues and resolves them in a timely manner
• Sets up new equipment and maintains existing equipment
• Cleans up the labs and keeps inventory of all equipment
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds weight
• Performs all other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• A Bachelor degree in engineering and/or information technology fields.
• Able to work 20 hours per week (week days and weekends when required)
• 3 to 5 years’ experience as lab technician in engineering and/or information technology related fields.
Conditions of Employment:
• Work week days and weekends when required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge and experience with LINUX, Java, Oracle, Android Studio and/or
• Knowledge and experience with PLC, Arduino, Elvis boards, Wind Tunnels, and PASCO equipment
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of a computer;
• Must occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds;
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: : A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER