Date: August 16, 2022
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Laboratory Technician
Department: Technical Trades/Engineering
Pay Range: $40,000 yr.
Job Type: Full-time
SUMMARY: This position will require installation, maintenance, upgrading, and troubleshooting of hardware and software equipment belonging to all laboratories in the Electromechanical Engineering Technology (EMET) and/or Information Engineering Technology (IET) programs of College of Engineering and Technology and the Department of Technical Trades of Northern New Mexico College. The Technical Trade Laboratories are primarily located at the El Rito NM campus while the EMET and IET laboratories are primarily located at the Espanola campus
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up and maintains information and/or electromechanical engineering technology lab equipment;
- Installs and updates information and/or electromechanical engineering technology software as necessary;
- Troubleshoots computers, networking, information engineering technology issues, and/or electromechanical engineering lab equipment and technology issues and resolves them in a timely manner
- Sets up new equipment and maintains existing equipment
- Cleans up the labs and keeps inventory of all equipment
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds weight
- Performs all other job-related duties as assigned.
- Documents safety, accident and other incidents according to established reporting protocols
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, OSHA standards, and wear personal protective gear if required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- An Associate degree in engineering/ information technology, or trade related fields.
- Able to split work shift with department of Engineering and Department of Technical Trades. (work week days and weekends when required)
- A Bachelor degree in engineering and/or information technology fields.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as lab technician in engineering/ information technology and/or trade fields.
Conditions of Employment:
- Work week days and weekends when required
- Assigned workplace is at the Espanola NM and El Rito NM campus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience with LINUX, Java, Oracle, Android Studio and/or
- Knowledge and experience with PLC, Arduino, Elvis boards, Wind Tunnels, and PASCO equipment
- Knowledge of use of hand and power tools used in trade industry
- Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of a computer;
- Must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds;
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
Work is normally performed in a typical office environment and laboratory learning environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: : A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER