Date: March 27, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Instructional Designer
Job Type: Regular/ Full-Time continued employment contingent on grant funding
Salary $60,900 per year
Summary: The Instructional Designer will be responsible for planning, designing, developing, documenting, and reviewing online and hybrid courses. Position funded through Title V CASSA
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Curricular-based instructional design, development, and assessment support for academic/non-academic programs.
• Develop and institute logistical, instructional, and pedagogical policies for the creation and delivery of online courses.
• Collaborate with faculty on instructional design issues and manage online course development.
• Consult with faculty on optimal design of curriculum and instruction and effective uses of multimedia applications.
• Manage course projects from inception to completion.
• Develop curriculum guides for courses and/or program components.
• Design and supervise production of learning resources in variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, and video conferencing technologies to support curriculum offerings.
• Provide design and production assistance to faculty in the development of electronic delivery methods. As technology and software products advance explore and make recommendations for technology and software purchases for use by NNMC faculty and staff.
TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION SUPPORT
• Provides instructional design and technology integration expertise to project teams.
• Develops planning, development, delivery, and facilitation support for faculty instructional technology training.
• Researches solutions for innovative project support and implementation.
• Provides online course management and delivery support via Blackboard SaaS (LMS) and Genius (LMS).
• Meets with academic/instructional areas to remain current with NNMCs instructional needs.
• Assists faculty with multimedia software use and instructional technology integration.
• Oversees instructional projects either individually or as team leader.
• Provides curricular design leadership to project development and assessment activities.
• Manages project and course development and training activities.
• Coordinates special projects and other activities as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Master’s Degree in instructional technology, education, communications, information technology, or curriculum design or related field.
• Doctorate in instructional technology, education, communications, information technology, or curriculum design or related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Advanced knowledge of principle and practices of instructional design and e-learning. Strong management skills. Familiarity learning management system with multimedia and web design technology. Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Customer service oriented and be able to work in a team environment.
• Special Job Requirements (such as hours, accuracy, special equipment and/or working conditions)
• Use of personal computers, audio/visual equipment and other standard office equipment in a typical office environment.
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer; Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds; Sitting for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.,
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews,
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER