Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Information Technology (IT) Project Manager
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience (Range $62 – $77K)
Manages Information Technology (IT) Institutional projects including but not limited to: Special Projects, ERP and IT Implementations, academic records, graduation, finance, human resources, procurement, and associated technologies; and supports projects originating from other areas of the college. This position is primarily responsible for Project Related Implementations including the Banner ERP System. The Role of the Project Manager shall be to monitor and control all aspects related to any projects assigned by the CIO.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads and directs all aspects of an assigned Project based on PMBOK.
• Monitors, controls and reports on a regular basis to his/her supervisor.
• Communicates and manages project expectations to team members and stakeholders; and identifies and resolves issues and conflicts.
• Makes formal presentations when required.
• Directs and manages project development; defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders; develops project plans and associated documents; and plans, schedules and tracks project timelines, milestones and deliverables.
• Provide clear direction to staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures.
• Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, OSHA standards, and wear personal protective gear if required. Present a professional image as a representative of the college and the Information Technology Department.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverable.
• Plan, schedule, prioritize and track project timelines.
• Develop and write reports, policies, and correspondence.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
• Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Operate standard office equipment, such as computer keyboards and monitors, copiers, scanners, and telephone.
• Use (or learn to use) computer software and systems applicable to the position.
• Follow oral and written instructions and procedures.
• Collect, compare, organize, interpret and prepare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness.
• Verify and maintain accuracy of detailed data and information, detect data errors.
• Meet schedules and deadlines of the work unit.
• Maintain well-organized materials, files, systems and tools.
• Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, supervisors, and managers as well as any individuals external to NNMC.
• Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or four (4) years of directly related project management experience in Information Technology (IT).
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is desired.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner and all associated integrations.
• Experience as an Oracle Database Administrator (or another enterprise database) in a high- availability environment; preferably as an Oracle Linux administrator.
• Experience with software and tools used to support operational aspects of database management, such as SQL, Access, Toad, and Crystal Reports.
• Certification in any major software or systems including, but not limited: Oracle, Business Objects, WebLogic and Apache Tomcat Oracle DBA Certification.
• Experience working in a Higher Education environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of balancing competing requirements and needs of client organizations.
• Ability to apply listening and interview skills, work under pressure, address conflict, solve problems, and make sound split-second judgments. Exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Relate to and interact with a non-traditional and diverse student and employee population.
• Ability to work independently and communicate effectively.
• Ability to balance competing requirements and needs of client organizations.
• Read, analyze, and interpret standards, policies, procedures, and regulations entities and other individuals, as applicable to the essential duties and responsibilities.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds;
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer;
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Copies of certifications, if applicable.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER