Student Senate / ASNNMC
The Associated Students of Northern New Mexico College (ASNNMC, or Student Senate) has been established to provide Northern students with an organizational vehicle to provide input to college administrators, and to sponsor and support student activities, participate in leadership training/opportunities, and facilitate student responsibility and empowerment in all areas of college life.
ASNNMC is the official student government body for Northern students. We have our own Charter and Bylaws, office space within the student lounge area in the Administration Building (Española campus), and annual budget to serve student interests. Joining ASNNMC as an officer or senator is the way for current students to develop excellent leadership experience while making new friends and helping to enhance campus life for all students.
The requirements for joining Student Senate are:
1) Be a current Northern student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
2) Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA.
3) Collect at least 25 petition signatures from current NNMC students OR two letters of recommendation.
4) Write a one-page essay/cover letter about why you want to join Student Senate and what you hope to accomplish.
Join Student Senate now! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
Our bylaws state that Student Senate should have a minimum of 10 senators. When we have open positions, eligible students may join Student Senate at any time during the school year!
Office: Administration Building, Student Lounge Area
Phone: Leave message at (505) 747-2155
- 2013-14 Student Senate Meeting Minutes Archive
- 2012-13 Student Senate Meeting Minutes Archive
- 2011-12 Student Senate Meeting Minutes Archive