Student & Campus Health
Mental Health Counseling for Northern Students
Adam Baca, MA, LPCC
Behavioral Health Counselor
M: 8am-Noon, Tu/Th 8am-4:30 pm
Office: TEC 213 505-747-5064, email@example.com
On-campus counseling services are confidential and free for students. No record of counseling is contained in any academic, educational, or job placement file. Referrals can be made by contacting Adam Baca directly.
• •CDC - Mental Health & Coping During COVID-19
• Complete Mental Health Guide during COVID-19
• Virus Anxiety Support
• Mental Health and Stress during COVID-19: CDC - Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
• New Mexico Crisis Line 1-855-662-7474 to talk to a professional counselor, 1-855-227-5485 (TTY)
• Warm Line 1-855-466-7100 to access peer support.
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
• AGORA Crisis Center 1-855-505-4505, Chat Online at www.AgoraCares.org
• For support regarding rape or sexual assault, contact Solace Crisis Treatment Center at 800-721-7273
• For domestic violence, contact Esperanza Shelter 800-473-5220 or Crisis Center of Northern NM 1800-206-1656.
• PeaceKeepers 505-753-4790
• Immigration support, Santa Fe Dreamers, 505-490-2789
• Rental and utility assistance, The Life Link, 505-395-2531 or 505-819-9901
• Emergency food and supplies, HELP NM, 505-753-7181.
• 12 Step meetings: nm-aa.org and riograndena.org
The Life Link
- Española Outreach Office: Brief substance abuse and mental health counseling and referrals. 919 N. Riverside Dr., Suite B-3 (Next to Inside Out). Mondays, Wednesdays or by appointment. 505-795-0740
- Santa Fe: Substance abuse and Mental Health Counseling, Case Management, Psychiatry, Housing, Suboxone, IOP, Human Trafficking Victim Services. Walk-in daily 8 am to 10:30 am. 2325 Cerrillos Rd. Santa Fe, NM. 505-438-0010
Hoy Recovery Program
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Counseling. 612 N. Paseo de Onate. Española, NM 505-753-2203
- Residential Substance Abuse Treatment and Detox. Velarde, NM 505-852-2580
Inside Out Recovery
- Peer support, substance abuse support and peer counseling. Help with referrals, clothing and food. 919 N. Riverside Drive. Española, NM, behind The Rock. 505-365-3500
Santa Fe Recovery Center
- Española: Outpatient Substance Abuse Counseling. 510 Paseo de Onate. Española, NM. 505-747-8302.
- Santa Fe: Outpatient, Detox and Residential and Aftercare Programs. 4100 Lucia Lane. Santa Fe, NM. 505-471-4985
Circle of Life and New Moon Lodge
- Individual and family counseling for Native American children, adolescents and adults. Residential substance abuse treatment. 346 Eagle Rd, Española, NM 87532. 505-852-1377
El Centro Family Health – Española
- Health Services plus: Hepatitis C, Opiate Replacement Therapy, Mental Health Counseling, Pain Management, Nutrition Counseling, Medicaid Enrollment.
- Rio Arriba Health Commons: 2010 Industrial Park Rd. Española, NM. 505-753-7395
Santa Fe Mountain Center
- Counseling and Recovery Services, HIV Testing & Prevention, STD Testing & Services, Hepatitis Services, Harm reduction/syringe services, Overdose prevention/Naloxone. 510 Paseo de Onate. Española, NM 505-690-4915, Sharps Hotline 505-901-9020
PMS: Valley community Healthcare
- Counseling, psychiatry, case management and crisis intervention.
835 Spruce St. Suite C and D. Española, NM. 505-747-7400
Public Health Office
- HIV Testing and Prevention, Rapid HIV Testing, STD Services STD Testing & Treatment, Free Condoms, Hepatitis Services: HBV/HCV Testing & HAV/HBV Vaccines, Harm Reduction / Syringe Services, Overdose prevention/Naloxone. Rio Arriva Health Commons: 2010 Industrial Park Rd, Española, NM. 505-753-2794
Rio Arriba County Health and Human Services
- Various services including case management, help accessing detox and treatment.
- Rio Arriva Health Commons, 505-753-3143. RAC STOP, Substance abuse treatment, outreach and prevention, CRAFT. Española, NM. 505-753-1418.
- Drop in and support services for substance abuse, 12 step meetings, traditional healing. John Hyson School, Chimayo. 505-351-1644, 505-614-5379
Crisis Center of Northern New Mexico
- Help with orders of protection, housing assistance, counseling services and emergency shelter. 505-753-1656, Crisis line 800-206-1656.
NM Treatment Services
- Methadone, Suboxone and counseling services. 1227 N. Railroad Ave. Suite C, Española, NM, 505-747-8187
- Domestic violence services and support for Native Americans. 705 C La Joya St. Española, NM, 505-753-4790 or 1-800-400-8694
Valle del Sol
- Community support, family therapy, treatment for mental and emotional issues. 204 Fairview Lane. Española, NM. 505-747-1991
Santa Clara Pueblo Behavioral Health Department
- Mental and Substance Abuse counseling and case management. 360 Fog Road. Española, NM. 505-692-6315
Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo Social Services
- Services for Ohkay Owingeh members. 505-852-6118
Additional Services and Shelters
- Sangre de Cristo House, Women’s recovery. 505-465-2040
- Four Winds Behavioral Health, Rio Rancho. 505-702-8547
- Turquoise Lodge Hospital, Albuquerque. 505-841-8978
- MATS detox, Albuquerque. 505-468-1555.
- NNMC Counseling Services for NNMC students, 505-747-5064
- St. Elizabeth’s Shelter, Santa Fe, 505-982-6611
- Esperanza Domestic Violence Shelter, Santa Fe, 505-474-5536
- Interfaith Community Shelter, aka Pete’s Place, 505-795-7494
- Rock Christian fellowship, men’s home, 505-753-2094
- Dream Tree Project Youth Shelter, 575-758-9595
- Santa Fe Youth Shelter, 505-983-0586
- Taos Men’s Shelter, 575-779-1133
Trevor Project 1-866-488-7386
Trans Lifeline 1-877-565-8860
Student Health Insurance Information
Regional Health Services for Students
Suicide Prevention Training: For Faculty, Staff, and Students
"Question, Persuade, and Refer" (QPR) Training
- For more information, download our NNMC QPR Training flyer