Academic Accommodations List
Accommodations are available to students with exceptionalities who are registered with the Accessibility Resource Center at Northern. Below is a list of commonly used accommodations. Since the Accessibility Resource Center creates an individualized accommodation plan for each student, this list is not exhaustive.
- Extended time for in-class examinations and assignments
- Substitute courses
- Classroom instruction uses Universal Design for Learning
- Large Font Materials in print and/or electronic access.
- Sign language interpreters
- Digital voice recorders
- Adaptive software
- Alternative textbook formats
- Color-lay overs
- Colored paper (Syllabus, handouts etc.)
- Electronic Spellers
- Adaptive Equipment
- Other equipment specific to each student exceptionality