Associate of Engineering in Pre-Engineering
This program will prepare you for a bachelor’s degree in engineering. You will obtain a general background in mathematics and the physical sciences, and will be introduced to the concepts and methods of engineering. This program is not a professional degree and does not prepare you for specific job opportunities. It does, however, provide a broad educational background on which to build a career through additional education or work experience.
The program objectives are the following:
- Graduates will have demonstrated knowledge and skills to pursue an engineering bachelor program.
- Graduates will have demonstrated involvement in high technical roles.
Completion of this program should result in the following student outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.