Cannabis Establishment Technician (CET)
WEB BUSA 1147 CRN#31344
T: Cannabis Establishment Tech
8-week online class / Begins June 7, 2021
This course is for aspiring and current employees of cannabis establishments who need to maintain a baseline of knowledge to work and maintain employment in a dispensary, grow, manufacturer, testing facility, and/or courier.
The purpose of this course is to help individuals understand patient access through the Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act, and how to illustrate a mastery of patient care/customer service to maintain the integrity of the Medical Cannabis Program. Curriculum includes online instruction by industry professionals/leaders, access to communicating with trainers, and a general assessment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the value in taking this course and who should take this course?
A. Entrepreneurs and Professionals who want to enter the industry with a fundamental baseline of knowledge should take this course. Students will earn college credit while also meeting the yearly training requirements to work or own a business in the Medical Cannabis & Adult Use field.
Q. Is financial or tuition aid offered for this course?
A. Not yet. College and SeedCrest officials are working with the state of New Mexico to ensure equity and financial aid is resolve for students. Due to federal scheduling of marijuana, federal student aid is not available until policy catches up to the marketplace.
Q. How do students enroll in this course?
A. Students can enroll online using these steps.
- 1st Step - Online Admissions Application
- 2nd Step - Check Email for Correspondence on Approvals and Enrollment Advisement from Northern NM College Admissions and set up next step per that email for enrollment.
Q. How long does the Admissions & Enrollment process take online?
A. The online admissions and enrollment process takes between 2-4 weeks. Students are encouraged to sign up at least 4 weeks prior to the start of class. Admissions Guide for Northern New Mexico College
Q. What is the deadline to enroll in this course?
A. Deadline to enroll into this course is by March 29th, 2021.
Q. What are the requirements to take the Cannabis Establishment Technician Course?
A. Must be a New Mexico resident, and at least 18 years old, and have a H.S. Diploma or GED
Q. Is this course offered online and in person?
A. The CET128 Course is offered online through our partners at SeedCrest.io.
Q. Do students meet the Professor or Faculty for this online course?
A. Yes there are two 1-hour Online Meetings scheduled with all enrolled students at the start of the class with the Cannabis Establishment Technician Faculty. Outside of those prefixed dated meetings, all students may schedule appointments with Faculty by request.
Q. Is there a textbook required?
A. No textbook is required for this course.
Q. Is there a final exam?
A. Yes, there is a comprehensive final exam.
Q. How many contact hours are studied?
A. 40 contact hours with case studies to help students to apply concepts to the cannabis industry.
Q. Who teaches this course?
A. The course is taught by a group of community activists, cannabis trainer experts, business owners and employees currently working in the field.
Q. What topics are covered?
A. Here is a list of all topics covered in the CET128 Course:
- Introduction to Cannabis
- Basics of Cannabis Biology
- The History of Cannabis and the Law
- New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program (NMCP)
- Lynn and Erin Compassionate Use Act (LECUA)
- Research and Developments in Medical Cannabis (RDMC)
- Ethics: Code of Conduct in the Cannabis Industry
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) Certification
- Safety & Security Compliance • Customer Service in the Cannabis Industry
- Qualifying Conditions: The Experience of Illness
- The Risks and Warning Signs of Overuse, Abuse, and Addiction
- Patient & Personal Safety: Dealing with Infectious Diseases