Revised Spring Online Class List
NNMC Online Class List for Spring 2020 Semester
Monday, April 6, 2020 – Friday, May 29, 2020
All courses for NNMC's Spring 2020 semester will resume on Monday, April 6, 2020 with online delivery.
Instructions for students
- Use the buttons above to locate face-to-face classes converted to online classes, and originally online courses which are still online.
- Look at the “modality” and “technology” columns to see when and how your course will be delivered (see the definitions below for further details).
Online Course Delivery Methods
Asynchronous: Asynchronous classes do not require students to attend real-time class sessions. Instead, students are provided with prerecorded video or audio lectures, assignments, and materials via an online platform such as Blackboard. Students are responsible for completing assignments on their own time and turning them in by the posted deadline. Instructors may also correspond with students via email and online discussion forums.
Synchronous: Synchronous classes require students to meet virtually in real time. Synchronous courses will be offered on the same days and times that they were originally scheduled. Typically, synchronous online courses will be delivered via videoconferencing with Zoom. Zoom allows instructors and students to share screens, engage in virtual chat and virtual polling, and write on a virtual whiteboard.
Hybrid: Hybrid classes combine the real-time delivery of synchronous classes with the completion of assignments on a student’s own time via the asynchronous model. For example, you may be asked to attend a live lecture via Zoom, but take quizzes or turn in papers via Blackboard.
If you have any questions about online course participation, please contact your instructor.
For tech assistance with Zoom and Blackboard, contact
- Distance Ed. (DE) Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eagle Techs at email@example.com
- Or submit a DE Help Desk Ticket
- FREE licenses of Microsoft Office 365 are available for everyone in the Northern community.