NNMC is creating a culture of college-wide assessment where student learning outcomes are taught and assessed in all academic programs and across all disciplines.
The Committee for Learning Assessment of Students (CLAS) leads this college wide initiative with representation from all Colleges and Academic Departments who meet regularly. The committee shares data with Deans/Chairs/Directors/Faculty for the purpose of continuous curriculum improvement and implementation.
The college-wide student learning outcomes (CSLOs) are Communication, Critical Thinking, Cultural Sustainability, and Information Competency & Research. Faculty incorporate the CSLOs within their syllabi and they collect data using college-wide rubrics. Data is then compiled by the Office of Institutional Research and is shared with internal stakeholders. Leadership along with faculty will analyze, reflect, and identify next steps in making improvements to the curriculum by following the assessment cycle and processes.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) Rubric links for Faculty to enter Student Data
- Cultural Sustainability (Fa 2018 Survey Opened)
- Information Competency and Research (Fa 2018 Survey Opened)
- Communication Rubric (Sp 2018 Survey Completed)
- Critical Thought Rubric (Sp 2018 Survey Completed)
- Communication Rubric (Sp 2017 Survey Completed)
- Critical Thought Rubric (Sp 2017 Survey Completed)
- Cultural Sustainability Rubric (Fa 2017 Survey Completed)
- Information Competency & Research Rubric (Fa 2017 Survey Completed)
Resources for Improvement AY 2018-2019
Communication - Citation
- Purdue Online Writing Lab Website
- APA Sample Paper
- MLA Sample Paper
- Microsoft Office Reference Builder PDF Guide
- Citation Machine for APA and MLA formats
Information Competency and Research – Electronic Presentation
Power Point Presentation You Tube Videos
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 - Full Tutorial for Beginners
- PowerPoint Basics - Getting Started
- PowerPoint Tips and Tricks
Cultural Sustainability – Respect and Dignity for Distinct Cultures of NM
- In AY 18-19, the CLASS Committee will collaborate with Office of Equity and Diversity,Student Senate, and Student Life to host an event that “Celebrates the Respect and Dignity for Distinct Cultures of NM”.
- Syllabi and Assignments
Critical Thought – Cause and Effect
- NNMC will offer a course called Critical Thinking in Science.
College-wide Assessment Frame Work
College-wide Student Learning Outcomes (CSLOs) Rubrics
- Communication Rubric (pdf)
- Critical Thought Rubric (pdf)
- Cultural Sustainability Rubric (pdf)
- Information Competency and Research Rubric (pdf)
Course Lists for Assessing Curricular Outcomes:
Curricular Assessment Data
- Communication Rubric Data, Spring Semester - 2017
- Critical Thought Rubric Data, Spring Semester - 2017