The Northern Engineering Student Association (NESA) of Northern New Mexico College will be an academic and professional development resource for student Engineers, and fields associated, within the college. The association will facilitate state of the art technical education and training opportunities, as well as promote a collegial environment within our educational institution, and enhance the prestige of the engineering profession through interactions with government and public organizations.
The mission of the NESA focuses the activities of the association toward the ultimate achievement of its vision. The following summarizes the current objectives of NESA's operations. This list may be expanded or contracted by future actions of the NESA Executive Committee.
• Academic Development – To provide students with a cohesive academic support network and facilitate their pursuit of knowledge throughout all engineering disciplines.
• Member Relations – To understand NESA demographics and promote recognition of members for academic achievements and contributions to the community.
• Social Relations - To promote a comfortable social environment within the engineering department that fosters growth and development amongst students and faculty.
• Professional Development – To provide professional training and career development opportunities for NESA members.
• Public Relations – To encourage member support of community and public organizations and activities.
• Industry Relations – To understand the makeup and future direction of New Mexico industry and promote professional training relevant to that industry base.
• Government Relations – To understand State and Local government and legislative issues and promote interaction between members and government institutions.
For more information, contact Greg Padilla, the head of NESA.