Why should I choose NORTHERN?
Opportunity, Quality, Value!
NORTHERN New Mexico College is the most affordable four-year college in New Mexico.
NORTHERN offers bachelor's, associate and certificate programs in diverse areas of study, including:
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Studio, Visual & Performing Arts
- Nursing & Health Sciences
- Humanities, Social Sciences, Language & Letters
- Business & Entrepreneurship
- Career & Technical Fields
NORTHERN New Mexico College is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, www.hlcommission.org 800.621.7440, and holds national accreditation in the following academic areas:
- Bachelor's & Associate Degrees in Business Administration are ACBSP accredited.
- Bachelor in Information Engineering Technology is accredited by ABET.
- RN to BSN Nursing degree is accredited by CCNE.
- Bachelor's & Associate Degrees in our College of Education are NCATE accredited.
Barbering, Cosmetology and the Associate Degree in Nursing are approved by their respective state licensing boards.
NORTHERN employs more than 40 experienced, full-time faculty and 22 full-time PhD faculty. Classes are small and personal. Average class sizes at NORTHERN range from 12-15 students, allowing you to get personal, one-on-one instruction from faculty.
NORTHERN provides students with unique opportunities for academic, personal and professional growth in all areas of study.
Northern is the place for UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH. @NORTHERN, you can dive right in to research experience early in your college career. Examples of student research and field experience opportunities include:
- Biology of the Cell Nucleus Lab
- Annual Academic Research, Creativity & Scholarship Symposium (ARCSS)
- Environmental Science & Ecology Field Research at Valles Caldera
- Wildland Fire Science Research in Carson National Forest
- Presenting research at the Native American Indigenous Studies Association in Washington D.C. (2015).
- Research internships at Los Alamos National Labs and exchanges with partner schools
- Community-oriented clinical and research experiences in Nursing & Health sciences
- Mobile app development in Information Engineering Technologies
Student life @NORTHERN is unique and diverse. Campus organizations include:
- ASNNMC Student Senate
- American Indian Student Organization (AISO)
- Chess Club
- Cosmetology & Barbering Club
- Drama Club
- Gay-Straight Alliance
- Multi-Faith Club
- Northern Engineering Student Association
- Student Veterans of America
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
- Physics & The Future Club
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Student Nursing Association
- Northern Student Ambassadors
To see more about what makes NORTHERN unique, browse our VIEWBOOK.