Date: June 15, 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Financial Aid Student Outreach Specialist
Job Type: Regular/Part Time (20 hours per week)
Salary: 13-15.50 per hour
The Student Outreach Specialist is part of a highly motivated team that provides first class student–focused customer service directly impacting students in a meaningful and positive way. The individual will also serve to provide administrative support in all aspects of the operations of the Financial Aid Office. This includes providing administrative support to individual programs such as work-study, scholarships and student loans.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Utilizes workshops, individual appointments, web tools, email, social media and telephone to disseminate accurate and clear information to directly support students and their families with financial aid and related processes.
• Coordinates and conducts financial aid outreach activity at high schools and agencies in Northern’s service area.
• Provides financial aid advisement to students and their parents regarding available financial aid opportunities, eligibility requirements and provides one-on-one application assistance to students applying for federal, state and scholarship aid.
• Responds to inquiries and researches and resolves problems related to transactions handled by the unit and serves as a liaison with other constituents in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
• Provides front desk student customer service and trains and/or supervises student employees to provide quality customer service.
• Responsible for staying up-to-date with all federal, state and institutional financial aid program requirements for all aid opportunities available to students.
• Will provide administrative assistance to individual aid programs such as work-study, scholarships, student loans, or to support special initiatives as needed.
• Participates in the collection, management and reporting of data in accordance with the objectives of the position and contributes to the management of office filing.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Associates Degree in any field. Two years of education can be substituted for two years of experience working within a college setting. Experience must be relevant to the essential functions of this job description.
• One year of customer service/support experience within an office environment.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Prior experience working in student financial aid;
• Experience working in higher education setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies both orally and in writing.
• Strong customer service skills with a commitment to customer service
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize complex projects.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Strong computer experience with ability to work with related software applications.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, thorough and have a commitment to data integrity.
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Ability to effectively give presentations in front of a live audience.
• Strong skill in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word applications.
• Ability to effectively train or guide staff and students.
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer;
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds;
• Sitting for extended periods of time;
• Ability to transport self to locations on and off campus.
• On campus work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
• In state travel required to perform outreach functions (approx. 30% time).
• Requires a flexible schedule outside of 8-5 including weekends.
• Work with frequent interruptions.
• Must have and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver’s License.
• Must acquire and maintain defensive driving certification.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER