NORTHERN NEW MEXICO COLLEGE
ASSOCIATE DEGREE NURSING
IS RECRUITING FOR A FACULTY INSTRUCTOR
Northern New Mexico College (NNMC) is a public two-year and four-year degree granting institution founded in 1909 by the New Mexico Constitution. NNMC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. NNMC operates from two campuses in Espanola and El Rito and serves an average of 1,000 students per semester. Applications are invited for a nine-month, Faculty instructor (tenure track option available) position with a contract starting August 2022.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Full -time faculty members of Northern New Mexico College’s Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program assist the program Director to develop, implement, and evaluate the nursing curriculum. Duties include student advisement, curriculum development, program evaluation, teaching in the classroom and clinical setting, evaluation of student learning, college and community service, scholarship, and other duties as assigned in accordance with the mission, vision, and purpose of the ADN program.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Master’s degree in nursing required. Current, unencumbered RN license in the state of New Mexico or compact state;
Current healthcare provider CPR.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Previous teaching experience; two years of full-time clinical experience in the areas of teaching responsibility.
SALARY: Based on credentials and experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
A minimum of thirty-five hours per week. Flexible schedule. Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen. Ability to meet institutional requirements for participation in clinical practicums. Current, unencumbered RN license in the state of New Mexico or compact state.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of associate degree nursing programs.
• Knowledge of evidence based teaching strategies.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students, and the public.
• Ability to work with a wide range of individuals (students, staff, faculty, public) and with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to effectively provide a classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Ability to address multiple learning styles in classroom teaching. Experience with a variety of teaching resources.
• Ability to maintain clinical competence in area of teaching.
• Ability to introduce computer technology into the classroom and laboratory and willingness to explore new course delivery methods.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to attend to details and meet deadlines.
• Good computer software skills – Microsoft Office, email, and electronic calendar.
• Ability to role model professional nursing behaviors.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a classroom, clinical setting, and in an office setting. Teaching load will not exceed 12 contact hours per semester and may be divided between theory and clinical instruction. Faculty who are engaged in high-fidelity nursing simulation activities may be released from all or a portion of a teaching load.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include 1) a cover letter addressing how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements, 2) curriculum vitae, 3) unofficial graduate transcripts, 4) a statement addressing the candidate’s teaching philosophy and detailing experience with and expectations regarding the use of technology in teaching, 5) three letters of recommendations (two of which focus on the candidate’s teaching ability and/or potential, and 6) names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three (3) professional references
The position will remain open until filled; however, applicants are encouraged to apply by May 1, 2022
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews and official transcripts should be requested upon acceptance of the interview.
Northern New Mexico College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.