Day of Action Against Domestic Violence
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Center for the Arts
ASNNMC Student Senate in partnership with Healing Voices - Personal Stories will host a Day of Action Against Domestic Violence on Saturday, October 5 from 1 - 4 p.m. at Northern's Center for the Arts.
Northern's event is part of a National Day of Protest Against Domestic Violence, featuring a ceremonial "die-in" to to remember women who have lost their lives to intimate partner violence.
- 1 PM- Introduction
- 1:15 PM- Bow and Arrow Dance- T’owa Shadeh, Brenda Atencio and Group
- 1:30 PM Diana Torrez, LMHC, IMH-E, Las Cumbres Community Services
- 1:45-Meghan Trujillo, AA, Student Senate President,- Statistics on Domestic Violence
- 2-2:30 PM- Lunch, Intermission, and booths
- 2:30-3 PM- Dr. Christina Castro- Cross Culture, Victim Impact
- 3 PM- Fancesca’s Story a Film produced by Healing Voices/ Presentation by Francesca Fernandez
- 3:30 PM- Balloon Release and “Die-In” Commemoration