Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Range: Depending on experience
SUMMARY: The job of Electrician was established for the purpose/s of providing electrical services, per State/Federal objectives and/or standards, with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading electrical systems and equipment; and assisting other skilled trades.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Acts as the primary contact for all building issues, such as climate control, odors, smoke alarms, Building alarms, emergencies and repairs
• Monitors contractor’s performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications
• May act as a project coordinator for all size projects including large scale repairs and new facility construction projects
• Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24-hour basis
• Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities as needed
• Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is needed
• Monitoring of DDC controls.
• Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems.
• Diagnoses causes of electrical problems or failures for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair. Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with health and building regulations.
• Inspects electrical systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
• Installs electrical system components (e.g. lighting, alarms, electrical panels, switches, circuits, scoreboards, timers, street signs, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded electrical capabilities.
• Repairs electrical components and/or systems (e.g. motors, circuits, transformers, generators, compressors, switches, intercom systems, cafeteria kitchen equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
• Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
• Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
• Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Journeyman Electrician license
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in commercial/industrial electrical maintenance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Must have a basic understanding of how things work (facility-related)
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions/work orders
• Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and strict time lines
• Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools and equipment as necessary
• Must be able to travel to the El Rito campus on demand
• Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written)
• Team player
• Must be organized
• Must be able to work independently without supervision
• Must have a valid NM Driver’s license
• Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
• Must be able to utilize/view a PC and or monitor
• Must be able to work in extreme heat or cold as necessary
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to work on a ladder or roof
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Primarily work around campus and in a centralized maintenance shop. Is exposed to loud noise levels, vibration, confining workspace, chemicals, dust, paint, fumes, mechanical and/or electrical hazards.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1 resume, 2) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER