Date: August 22, 2018
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Education Technology Support Specialist
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Center for Distance Education
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience
SUMMARY: The Education Technology Support Specialist working under limited supervision, assists the Director and the college’s academic professional staff with improving student retention, providing program related information for students enrolled in online and hybrid undergraduate and certificate programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Foster a sense of community among the online and hybrid division students and connects these students to the other departments in the college for assistance as necessary.
• Hosts webinars to help on board incoming cohorts.
• Provides assistance with the Blackboard orientation process for new online and hybrid students.
• Instructional technology support for faculty teaching hybrid and online courses.
• Instructional technology support for online and hybrid students.
• Monitor academic activity in the Blackboard Learning Management System..
• Work with Learning Management Systems (Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, etc.).
• Work on Blackboard system administration and student information system integration.
• Work with student retention software (e.g. Degree Works).
• Support faculty in online, hybrid, web - enabled courses utilizing instructional technology.
• Work on professional training facilitation online, face-to-face, OR hybrid environment.
• Work on web conferencing tools in a multi-campus/office, virtual setting.
• Develop web based training materials and videos.
• Use technology to solve minor technology issues related to teaching and learning online.
• Practice patience in supporting individuals with little or no experience using technology.
• Responsible for keeping the Center for Distance Education web page up to date and accurate.
• Utilize instructions and guidelines to perform the job safely and professionally.
• Periodic training will be required.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in Education Technology, Education or related field; 1 – 2 years of professional experience in a college/university environment supporting faculty and students with applicable educational technologies.
• Master's degree in any field;
• Experience working with Blackboards Learning Management System;
• Familiarity with Ellucian Banner;
• Familiarity with Degree Works.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the policies, curricula and academic structure of the College.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general guidelines.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize projects and work under pressure and/or deadlines.
• Familiarity with general office related software (Access, Excel, PPT, Word, etc.).
• Knowledge or demonstrated ability to learn new software and web applications quickly.
• Enjoyment working with students and a sincere interest in helping others achieve their life goals.
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of a computer.
• Must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time.
Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
If required must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER