Date: September 10, 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Dual Credit Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Range: 40,000-50,000
SUMMARY: The Dual Credit reports directly to the Admissions/Recruitment Director and works under limited supervision, administers the overall operation of the Dual Credit Program, meets with potential Dual Credit students (and their parents), and works closely with both school district counselors and with the Academic Chairs at NNMC. Ensures compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and all other applicable laws and regulations which govern both the Dual Credit process and academic records. Represents the Admissions/Recruitment Office to internal and external constituencies, while providing exemplary customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Provides information and answers questions regarding Dual Credit enrollment for students, parents, high schools staff, college faculty and staff, and the general public in Northern New Mexico College’s service area.
● Ensures that applicants have completed the Admissions process in a timely manner and that the information provided is accurate. Serve as the primary liaison between the school districts and the faculty and staff of Northern New Mexico College.
● Responsible for the Dual Credit registration process.
● Maintains confidential student files and issue transcripts to high schools.
● Works closely with Advisement and Registrar in order to track Dual Credit enrollment information, reconcile any discrepancies and alert students who may be failing at midterm through the Early Alert System.
● Lead Dual Credit outreach activities and work closely with the Admissions Office and faculty, for off-campus outreach. Responsible for keeping the Dual Credit web page up to date and accurate.
● Communicates constantly with Academic Chairs to ensure a solid course offering for Dual Credits.
● Works collaboratively with the Registrar’s Office to ensure that course schedules contain accurate and timely information regarding off-site Dual Credit courses.
● Responsible for updating and maintaining all Dual Credit MOA’s and Appendices and housing the original copies of the MOA’s.
● Performs other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 2 years of professional experience working in higher education.
● Master’s Degree
● Experience working with Ellucian Banner Student Module and/or Workday;
● Knowledge of State of New Mexico Dual Credit Statute;
● Experience working with and reporting to the New Mexico Higher Education Department and the Public Education Department;
● 2 years of Dual Credit professional experience in a higher education environment, or 2 years of experience as a High School counselor working directly with Dual Credit students.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
● Knowledge of the policies, curricula and academic structure of the College.
● Knowledge of the general format, content and use of college schedules and course catalogs.
● Knowledge and expertise with FERPA.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
● Strong data and records management skills.
● Strong client relations skills.
● Strong student advisement and support skills.
● Critical computer skills and knowledge and attention to detail for management of data input and data integrity.
● Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of a computer;
● Must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds;
● Sitting for extended periods of time.
● Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: : A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER