Date: June 20, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Dual Credit Coordinator
Department: Student Services Job Type: Part-time 20 hours per week
Pay Range: Depending on education and experience
SUMMARY: The Dual Credit Coordinator reports directly to the Interim Dean of Student Services and works under limited supervision, administers the overall operation of the Dual Credit Program, meets with potential Dual Credit Students and their parents, and works closely with school district counselors. Ensures compliance with the Family Rights and Privacy Act and all other applicable laws and regulations which govern Dual Credit.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides Information and answers questions regarding Dual Credit enrollment for Students, Parents, high schools staff, college faculty and staff, and the general public in Northern New Mexico College’s service area.
• Ensures that applicants have completed the Admissions process in a timely manner and that the information provided is accurate.
• Responsible for completeness and accuracy of each Dual Credit Request Form that is received. Is also responsible for Dual Credit registration.
• Maintains confidential student files.
• Works closely with Admissions, Registrar and Advisement in order to track Dual Credit enrollment information, reconcile any discrepancies and alert students who may be failing at midterm through the Early Alert System.
• Leads the effort, and may work closely with, the Recruitment Office and faculty, for off campus Dual Credit outreach activities.
• Responsible for keeping the Dual Credit web page up to date and accurate.
• Works with the Registrar’s Office to ensure that course schedules contain accurate and timely information regarding off-site Dual Credit courses.
• Serves as the chief liaison between the school districts and the faculty and staff of Northern New Mexico College.
• Is responsible for updating and maintaining all Dual Credit MOA’s and Appendices and housing the original copies of the MOA’s.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree; 2 years of Dual Credit professional experience in a college/university environment or 2 years of professional experience working with students in high school or college/university environment.
Experience working with Ellucian Banner Student Module;
Knowledge of State of New Mexico Dual Credit Statute;
Experience working with and reporting to the New Mexico Higher Education Department AND the Public Education Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the policies, curricula and academic structure of the College.
• Knowledge of the general format, content and use of college schedules and course catalogs.
• Knowledge and expertise with FERPA.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community both orally and in writing.
• Strong data and records management skills.
• Strong client relations skills.
• Critical computer skills and knowledge and attention to detail for management of data input and data integrity.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of a computer;
• Must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds;
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time
Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: : A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required and/or preferred degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.