Date: November 2, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Distant Learning Coordinator
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Summary: The Distance Learning Coordinator reports directly to the Director of the Center for Distance Education working under limited supervision coordinates with the Director the daily operations of the Distance Learning Office. The Distance Learning Coordinator helps with online students, faculty and staff helping to resolve distance learning issues and concerns.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate to faculty, students, or other users’ availability of, or changes to, distance learning courses or materials, programs, services, or applications.
• Assess distance-learning technological or educational needs and goals.
• Train instructors and distance learning staff in the use or support of distance learning applications, such as Blackboard learning management software.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems with distance learning equipment or applications.
• Provides assistance with the Blackboard orientation process for new hybrid and online students.
• Create and maintain web sites or databases that support distance learning programs.
• Purchase materials, equipment, or other resources.
• Maintain knowledge of current developments in area of expertise.
• Provide technical or logistical support to users of distance learning classrooms, equipment, web sites, or services.
• Review documents or materials for compliance with policies or regulations.
• Present information to the college community via presentations and faculty trainings.
• Manage inventories of products or organizational resources.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Associates degree in technological or education related field;
• 1 years of professional experience in a college/university environment supporting faculty and students with applicable educational technologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience working with Blackboards Learning Management System
• Experience working with educational technologies such as Zoom and Google Apps
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community both orally and in writing.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general guidelines.
• Familiarity with general office related software (Access, Excel, PPT, Word, etc.).
• Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long term goals.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively train or guide staff and students.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures and ability to deliver excellent customer service.
• Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer;
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds;
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
• If required must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts , and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER