Date: October 12, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Distance Education Quality Control Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time/Term (employment contingent on grant funding)
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Department: Distance Education
The Distance Education Quality Control Specialist assists the director in maintaining quality control standards through continuous oversight of online and hybrid courses at Northern New Mexico College. The Distance Education Quality Control Specialist will provide leadership for the college’s online review committee by implementing guidelines and procedures as necessary to improve the distance education programs at Northern New Mexico College. This position will take the lead in training, deployment, and gathering of data collected by the college’s online tool for accessibility. Reports directly to the Director of the Center for Distance Education.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• With the Director collaborates with the DE staff creating and developing quality online and hybrid courses and programs with the College’s faculty.
• Provides leadership working collaboratively with the college’s Online Review (ORC) committee regarding Quality Matter online review standards and guidelines. This will include maintaining all ORC records and submitting reports as needed to the DE Director and college stakeholders.
• Provides leadership for instituting and deploying Blackboard Ally a tool used to provide insight into the college’s accessibility for online courses. To include training of faculty, department chairs, and academic leadership providing them data and reports. If the candidate is not familiar with Blackboard Ally they will participate in Blackboards Ally training.
• If not certified by Quality Matters Online, the successful candidate will participate in the Quality Matters online professional development courses.
• Assists in writing and submitting NC SARA State Authorization renewal application, updating the state authorization information on the website, and reporting data on out-of-state students, and higher education reports as required.
• Works with the Director and college stakeholders to design, develop, and update and recommend new digital resources to support distance education students.
• Participates in college and community meetings representing the Center for Distance Education.
• Attends conferences and professional development to maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise regarding best practices regarding instructional quality, learning, and accessibility for online courses.
• Performs other job-related duties and projects as assigned in support of the College's mission, core values and goals
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
• Two (2) years' teaching experience, preferably at the post-secondary level.
• Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) years’ teaching experience.
• Experience in Blackboard or other related learning management systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
• Knowledge of computer assisted learning models
• Knowledge of learning management systems such as Blackboard
• Knowledge of College policies and procedures related to distance education
• Current complex principles and practices of distance learning
• Organizational and management practices applicable to the analysis and evaluations of programs assuring their quality as outlined by Quality Matters, policies and operational needs
• Computer skills and technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Proficiency in planning, organization, communication, presentation, negotiation, training, and interpersonal skills
• Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
• Demonstrate professional behavior that supports team efforts and enhances team behavior, performance, and productivity
• Commitment to student-centered principles and understanding of the mission of higher education
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Handle confidential information with absolute discretion
• Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; demonstrated ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse workforce, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities, and socioeconomic levels
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts conferring required degree, and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
• Candidates who are invited for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts.
• References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
• Required application materials should be sent to: email@example.com.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER