Date: May 10, 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Title: Director of Recruitment and Admissions
Job Type: Regular/Full-Time
Summary: The Director of Recruitment and Admissions will be responsible for the design and implementation of comprehensive recruitment strategies to attract and enroll a diverse student body in support of the Northern New Mexico College Mission and its Strategic Plan.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze and evaluate strategic and targeted recruitment needs. Plan, implement, and report on enrollment programs addressing such needs.
• Serve as a core member of the Strategic Enrollment Management Team
• Assist in development of communication strategies to address prospective students, program and enrollment inquiries, application processes, and pre-registration phases of the Northern New Mexico College admissions process including New Student Orientation (NSO).
• Ensure recruitment objectives, goals, budgets, policies, practices, and actions produce successful student recruitment results.
• Interpret complex data to inform and guide decision-making and coordinate these efforts collaboratively with the Office of Institutional Research.
• Work closely in strategic initiatives with the Dual Credit coordinator to convert dual credit students into NNMC degree-seeking students.
• Works closely with the High School Equivalency program to recruit graduates from that program.
• Works closely and develops partnerships with High School Principals and Counselors from the main feeders for recruitment purposes.
• Work closely with Financial Aid, Advising and the Registrar to enroll, register and package students.
• Work closely with the Director of Communications to oversee the development and distribution of all admission-related materials for prospective students.
• Work closely with faculty (and especially academic department chairs) to develop program-specific recruitment strategies, marketing collaterals and databases regarding prospective students.
• Work closely with coaches to assist in the recruitment process.
• Create long and short-term planning and evaluation strategies of recruitment processes and programs.
• Coordinate with the Director of Communications to maintain a strategic social media campaign used to engage prospective students and influencers.
• Manage content, revisions, and accuracy of departmental web pages, working in consultation with the Director of Communications.
• Oversee the development and production of college-wide enrollment comparative reports.
• Work closely with the Director of Communications and Assistant Provost for Student Affairs to ensure that marketing and advertising strategies are effective and targeted to support the recruitment goals.
• Identify market demand and develop a corresponding strategy for recruiting in that arena, including distance learning.
• Maintain records of recruitment efforts to track progress and evaluate effectiveness.
• Direct the analysis and reporting functions of all recruitment efforts, statistics, measures, and outcomes.
• Supervise the personnel that works in the recruitment and admissions office.
• Serve as primary contact for International Student recruitment and serve as institutional PDSO.
• Chair and/or serve on designated committees as appropriate.
• Attend and participate in admission-related campus events as needed, helping with coordinating events as needed.
• Serve as the primary backup for recruitment travel if the recruiters are away or at other recruitment events.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Master’s degree in student services, business, education, marketing, or related field.
• Four years progressively responsible experience in admissions/recruitment, or related student service area.
• Experience with and a demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity and working with a multicultural student population.
• Experience with Banner or other CRM strongly preferred. Experience in using social media as a platform for recruitment is very desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Must display a high level of initiative and motivation to achieve institutional goals, provide excellent customer service, and enroll qualified students. Incumbent must be able to use data to inform decision making regarding recruitment, admission, financial aid, and retention in the application of an enrollment strategy.
• Must have the ability to effectively cultivate and maintain significant working relationships with all internal institutional areas of the college as well as community members and organizations to support the enrollment growth of the college.
• Ability to maintain an established work schedule including evenings and weekends, and travel to all service areas and campuses as needed
• Superior Customer Service skills and abilities
• Excellent communication (both written and oral) skills are essential; superior listening skills are also critical.
• Demonstrable interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to work with students, staff, faculty and other constituents.
• Highly motivated and detail-oriented; work as a member of a team.
• Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior in all interactions.
• Self-starter; ability to multitask; requires minimal supervision and oversight.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Must be extremely organized with a focus on details and the ability to follow through projects to successful completion.
• Proficiency with computers and related software and applications.
• This position requires traveling.
• No or very limited physical effort required;
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Work is normally performed in a typical office environment.
• If required must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A complete application must include: 1) a letter of interest, 2) resume, 3) copies of unofficial transcripts , and 4) names, addresses, and phone numbers of (3) three professional references.
References will be contacted in conjunction with interviews.
Required application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NNMC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER